You can dismiss it as "one bad game"...but it's very telling.

Lose by one run or lose by 20 runs, it still counts as only 1 lose in the lose column.  The good news from that disaster, they only used 3 pitchers, with an off day tomorrow, the bullpen should be in good shape for the week.

Burnes is a top level Ace. Grayson is a top level 2. Suarez is a top level 3 with a sub 3 ERA. 

Yeah there is a drop of our backend of our rotation. Every team in baseball has that.  You only need 3 SP in the playoffs. 

Kremer, and one of Povich/McDermott/Irvin will be just fine in the regular season. 

15 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

For you being a journalist and writer?  I am disappointed that you can't use paragraphs.  I mean this is literally grade school writing 101. 

"For you being a journalist and writer?" is not a question. In fact, it is not a sentence.

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Burnes is a top level Ace. Grayson is a top level 2. Suarez is a top level 3 with a sub 3 ERA. 

Yeah there is a drop of our backend of our rotation. Every team in baseball has that.  You only need 3 SP in the playoffs. 

Kremer, and one of Povich/McDermott/Irvin will be just fine in the regular season. 

Suarez is a top level 3?

I am reminded of Earls  answer to the question, can not quote it verbatim ,  as to are the Orioles going to  start a winning streak or continue the present streak.  Anyway, the answer was , quote,  it all depends on tomorrows SP.   A simple answer to a difficult question.  He also was not as concerned about each day, as much as the particular series the Orioles  were playing at the time. Win the series and at the end you will be in good shape.  We can still do that in this situation.  Go Orioles.

4 hours ago, survivedc said:

Suarez is a top level 3?

Yeah not really. IMO they need to trade for a 3 at the very least. Burnes/GRod/New Guy/Kremer and then one of Suarez/Irvin/Povich/McD as your 5, depending who is pitching well and is healthy. Suarez has been way better than expected but I feel like the Cano-esque drop off is coming eventually. I hope not, but just saying.