Poll: What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? (Multiple Choice.)

Greg Pappas

What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? Multiple Choice.  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? Multiple Choice.

• He will trade for a ToR starter (#1/#2) with years of control remaining.
    • He will trade for a starter that most here will see as a #3/#4.
    • He will trade for a back of the rotation starter.
    • He will trade for a closer.
    • He will trade for a high leverage reliever.
    • He will trade for a reliever but not necessarily a late inning guy.
    • He will trade for a position player.
    • He will trade one of Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo.
    • He will not make a trade (of any significance.)
    • I'm a poll troll and find this poll insignificant. :P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/24 at 21:00

It's not always easy doing polls... because there are limitations on what you can type.  Choices are generalized, so do your best.  Try to remember these are multiple choice, so pick as many as you like.  :)

I look forward to your comments and/or choice clarifications.

I think a back end of the rotation guy that does not cost any significant prospects and a high leverage reliver that can be acquired with a prospect like Norby or Stowers and  a few additional top 20-40 ranked prospects is what I expect.  A playoff roster that has Burnes, G-Rod and Kremer as the starters with Kimbrel, Acquired reliever, Cano, Webb, Perez, Akin and Suarez in the bullpen with our lineup can win the AL this year. 

• Upvote 2

Aggressive but deliberate.  I have not seen any panic from them but I believe that the 'bigger' moves may be more offseason changes... must needs are SP#3 and BP...but, if an offer comes along that will be a short and long-term benefit all bets are off.

• Upvote 2

Elias' biggest test yet. I honestly have no idea. IMO there are so many needs that he can't possibly address them all.

This team needs two SP (replacing Povich who is optioned or traded and Suarez who moves to the bullpen), and like 3 relievers (replacing Smith, Baker, and Akin). 

At minimum he needs to come up with a starter and 2 relievers, IMO, or this team is looking at a first round exit again. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, interloper said:

Elias' biggest test yet. I honestly have no idea. IMO there are so many needs that he can't possibly address them all.

This team needs two SP (replacing Povich who is optioned or traded and Suarez who moves to the bullpen), and like 3 relievers (replacing Smith, Baker, and Akin). 

At minimum he needs to come up with a starter and 2 relievers, IMO, or this team is looking at a first round exit again. 

Give up on Burch already? 

• Haha 1

This is a chance for Mike's to really shine.  I picked a 3/4 SP and a high leverage RP, but all of this is possible.  It really feels like a game show, it depends on what is available.  We know Elias isn't necessarily going off of the reports we see.  He dug Burnes out on his own.  He could move prospects, regulars, top prospects.  But if he can solve this and capitalize on the opportunity, giving the Orioles what they need, he will be a steely-eyed missile man.  Well at least Sig would think so.

• Upvote 1

I voted for a 3/4, a backend and a reliever (though not necessarily high leverage). That's not quite enough in the pen in my mind, but I do think we will get a least one SP that will clearly be the #3 this year and at least one solid (if unspectacular) RP. And I wouldn't be surprised with a #5/longman option on top of that. 

Ideally, I think we need two SPs and a high leverage RP, but don't think we get as high end as I'd like. 

• Upvote 1