Kjerstad is going to be a big factor in this team's success...hopefully theres no trauma from the beaning.

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

If he's healthy, he'll be in the line up today for sure. 

He was penciled in todays lineup, but then didnt feel right...so he was scratched...not great news..but probably just the day after the night before..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• So is Adley now the back up C?
    • I have Stathead through Baseball-Reference, which makes these things a lot more manageable (for a monthly fee). I’ve been searching around for a source that has sortable individual game score rankings without the subscription aspect — I’m not sure one exists. If you go to the Fangraphs player game logs, you can sort each individual pitcher’s games by their “Game Score 2.0” (GSv2) and it will give you a combined score for the year. And you can do the same thing in the Baseball-Reference game logs with original game score.  But unfortunately I can’t find an individualized “rankings” of game scores anywhere. Sorry!
    • Yeah since Slator was the right handed bat they acquired for LF and CF vs lefties he should play most games.  Now I will agree he shouldn’t have been the guy they are counting on down the stretch that a different argument.   Still hoping someone want to shed little money and put someone on waivers and we can claim.  Might be hard though picking last as other teams get first shot.  
    • Exactly.   And looking at the larger sample size of their careers, Slater has a .799 OPS vs LHPs, and Cedric's is .632. As our lineup is presently constituted, Slater should be the choice over Mullins vs lefties.   Even though every time it happens there will be cracks about Sigbot and other such things ridiculing the move.  
    • No,  not really, as Mullins has been slightly worse,  like .500 OPS versus .430 OPS.  Neither one should really be starting with those kind of numbers.   
    • Dodgers had Betts playing SS for a while d/t their regular SS' injury and were just so happy he could play SS.  I don't watch Dodgers games, but I bet there were some plays he didn't make due to his less than adequate arm.  I bet his footwork was better to.  I'm just saying a player's arm is not the end all/be all of an infield position.  I don't see Holliday ever  playing SS for the O's, but if his fundamentals and footwork were sound, he could probably do an adequate job.
    • So you would prefer Mullins vs a LH starter?   Do you know how bad he has been vs lefties?
  • Popular Contributors