Kjerstad is going to be a big factor in this team's success...hopefully theres no trauma from the beaning.

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

If he's healthy, he'll be in the line up today for sure. 

He was penciled in todays lineup, but then didnt feel right...so he was scratched...not great news..but probably just the day after the night before..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Cleveland (5): 82 - Tanner Bibee 77 - Tanner Bibee 74 - Shane Bieber 72 - Tanner Bibee 70 - Gavin Williams New York (16): 84 - Nestor Cortes 84 - Clarke Schmidt 81 - Luis Gil 77 - Luis Gil 77 - Carlos Rodon 77 - Carlos Rodon 74 - Nestor Cortes 73 - Luis Gil 73 - Luis Gil 73 - Marcus Stroman 71 - Luis Gil 71 - Luis Gil 71 - Carlos Rodon 71 - Marcus Stroman 70 - Nestor Cortes 70 - Marcus Stroman   Probably worth noting that New York’s most recent 70 game was July 22 (Rodon’s 77), and that they only have two 70 games since June 4. 13 of their 16 such games occurred in April and May. Sounds familiar. By way of one other comparison, Seattle has 26 such games, which leads the league. NYY ranks 8th with their 16, we are 18th with our 13, and CLE actually brings up the rear of the entire league with their 5. There are 16 individual pitchers in the league with more 70 games than CLE’s whole rotation (led by Seth Lugo with 9).
    • Luis Gil won his last start with 5 shutout innings and gets the White Sox tomorrow.     I believe Ceddanne Rafaela playing full time and providing more defensive value than Wilyer Abreu makes him the Red Sox favorite. But if Cowser's arm is okay and he keeps reaching twice a day, I think he can control his own destiny to outrun Gil. How many RBI's would Coby Mayo get hitting cleanup behind Cowser-Holliday-Gunnar all year long in 2025?
    • I've heard that but maybe with consistent time he might learn to play the either position? And if that fails, he is a DH. I'm just guessing if there was any chance of him being a good OF they would have tried that 
    • Not sure why Holliday is behind Mayo.
    • Yet the Baltimore Orioles have the best record in the AL.  Even though 4 starting pitchers will have spent significant time out for injuries.  Two of which in Bradish and Grod  are two of the best starters in baseball.  How many other managers have made decisions that by your eye test  have “failed spectacularly?”  We don’t watch every move they make on a nightly basis.  The Orioles record is the best way to objectively evaluate the manager and he is doing well.  
    • Eno Sarris, on his last podcast, said he liked Minnesota in the central.  He said all stats are pointing to them being strong.  
    • How does this compare with teams like cleveland and NY? I just did a search for “AL pitching game score rankings by team” and got nothing. I’m terrible at internet searches.
  • Popular Contributors