Sunday 7/14 11:30 am vs Yankees

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would be pretty rigorous about Third Time through the Order stuff with the A relievers mostly fresh and the All-Star break on deck.

Ben Rice 19th and Juan Soto 20th for a left hander if we are aggressive in the 5th inning.

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Well, I was asking a question. If this slide continues, when do you seriously start to consider firing Hyde? Orioles fired Mazzilli in 2005 despite being in 1st/2nd place most of the year.

Well, first of all, I doubt the slide continues.   And it would be utterly shocking if it reached the point where Mazzilli did.   We did just have a 4-2 road trip that ended 7 days ago.  I guess if you want to consider our "bad play" as starting with the Astro series, we are 8-13 since then.  No, that's not good.     But it's not a collapse.  

Do you think Hyde has "lost the team"?   Do you think he has started making moves during this slump that are causing it to happen?   Do you think he's not the guy to manage this team?    

Let's see, the Orioles went on a 9-28 stretdh when Mazzilli was fired.   And his only other season as manager the team had a losing record.   And everything I have heard (see link below) indicates that he was a poor hire, he didn't have the respect of the clubhouse, and didn't work very hard at the job.   I see absolutely no comparison between him and Hyde, and the Orioles would have to go 1-16 to reach a slump of the proportion that got Mazzilli fired.   Hyde has earned way more respect than Mazzilli has.

https://www.thomloverro.com/single-post/2005/08/05/why-was-mazzilli-even-hired

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Gunnar gets our first lead at home in 6 games...but horrendous at bats by Adley and Santander and a flailing Westburg...boy, what ahpp4ened to those guys?

I don't know what's happened, but these swings look horrible.

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Boone trying to manufacture a run from that walk. Why don't we do that??

Because we aren't as stupid as Boone to give up an out.

Because he was bunting with a guy who has a .654 OPS.   Everybody in our lineup but McCann today has a higher OPS than that (yes, Mateo. does   yes, Cowser does.   yes, Hays does).   So why not bunt with your shitty hitter, in a garbage bottom-half lineup.

The only guys in today's lineup I would want to see bunting are McCann, and maybe Mateo (because of his ability to beat it out).   Otherwise, giving up an out this early in the game is dumb.

Just now, SteveA said:

Because we aren't as stupid as Boone to give up an out.

Because he was bunting with a guy who has a .654 OPS.   Everybody in our lineup but McCann today has a higher OPS than that (yes, Mateo. does   yes, Cowser does.   yes, Hays does).   So why not bunt with your shitty hitter, in a garbage bottom-half lineup.

The only guys in today's lineup I would want to see bunting are McCann, and maybe Mateo (because of his ability to beat it out).   Otherwise, giving up an out this early in the game is dumb.

As I was saying.