2024 4th Round Pick (#127): Chase Allsup - RHP - (Jr) Auburn (AL)

Just now, Malike said:

Gets hit pretty hard, 13 HRs in 62IP. 10.7 K/9 this season, 10.1 for his career at Auburn. I don't hate the pick. Doesn't walk a ton but gives up hits.

If you wait until the 4th rd, this is what happens. He could be an outlier, but I don't want a middle reliever as our first pitcher taken. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

HRs are likely a by-product of throwing more strikes this year. Seems to have the "stuff", but likely a RP which is fine with me.

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Trace Bright at Auburn - 140 IP of 6.00 ERA and 149/63 K/BB

Chase Allsup at Auburn - 140 IP of 5.10 ERA and 159/66 K/BB

Thanks.  I couldn't think of who the prior Auburn pitcher was.  Interesting how they compare too.