Happy Anniversary of the Fujinami Trade

interloper

Posted (edited)

I loved his vibes and personality. I thought the "confidence" thing was way overblown, he's just a guy with no command throwing 102 to nowhere in particular. It was almost cool, I liked the idea behind it. Similar repertoire to Felix, etc. 

He's been hurt most of this year, but he's one of those guys I'll always google every now and then to see what he's up to. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Only on an absolute nominal basis, of course.

I think they are paying 110% penalty, seems more than nominal to me.  That would put Fuji at ~7M.

Hard to know what numbers are accurate but I think they are paying well over 100M in penalties.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they are paying 110% penalty, seems more than nominal to me.  That would put Fuji at ~7M.

Hard to know what numbers are accurate but I think they are paying well over 100M in penalties.

That is a good point (and a ridiculous amount to pay). But their total payroll plus luxury tax I saw was $420M last year. $7M would be like $1.7M relative to our payroll. Not quite as bad but my point was to highlight the ridiculousness of the Mets payroll as a whole more so than Fuji's contract.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is a good point (and a ridiculous amount to pay). But their total payroll plus luxury tax I saw was $420M last year. $7M would be like $1.7M relative to our payroll. Not quite as bad but my point was to highlight the ridiculousness of the Mets payroll as a whole more so than Fuji's contract.

image.thumb.png.94683561c386b7c0b68c0cbf23a2c2eb.png

Looks to me like, out of the two teams,  it's the O's that are printing money for the owner.

Eleventh in revenue isn't all the impressive.

Edited by Can_of_corn