July 19th @ Rangers

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Next year I hope we have our backup catcher in Basallo...not McCann....I hope Basallo is not traded...

I agree with you but no one wants to trade any of Kersted, Holliday, Mayo, or Basallo but you are only going to get so much for the other prospects.   I wouldn’t object to a September call up for Basallo and let him give Adley time off and DH some.

23 minutes ago, Malike said:

All the receipts one can want are in the Santander thread that DirtyBird started, I suppose. They dogged him hard like they've never seen him play before in the colder months.

I’m pretty sure I commented on that one and liked some of your posts. At a certain point, I ignored it because, as you said, this was pretty consistent with his start last year.

Full disclosure, like you, he’s my favorite Oriole. He’s probably my favorite of the past 20 years. He about to pass Mancini for the most games by an Oriole in the last 10 years. I’m going to miss him a lot (although I think the front office values him a lot, I believe your thinking that someone will offer him a long term deal beyond what the O’s are willing to do is correct).

Edited by Sydnor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, O's84 said:

Burnes 6 IP 1 run, offense erupts for 9 runs including 4 HR's, and the defense shines.  Nice start for the 2nd half.

This team severely needed a rest, I guess that much has been established.