Deadline Predictions

Greg Pappas

14 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Sounds like you think the O’s will serve the role of Santa Claus for MLB. Handing out goodies to all the orgs who need a little help. Lol

That would be very generous/altruistic of Elias.

Let me be more clear since you don't seem capable of figuring out what I meant without it being spelled out for you:

Elias will move 1 or 2 veterans to other teams that have needs at their position in exchange for getting back pitching that can help us in the rotation or the pen this year.

He won't "hand out goodies" to anyone which is just about the most idiotic take I've seen on this board from anyone. He'll make trades in an attempt to improve our club just like he did two years ago with Lopez and Mancini.

11 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Gausman and Kikuchi have both been pretty bad this year. IMO either/both would be very risky/potential to be an unforced error.

I know it's not splashy, but I wouldn't mind Kikuchi.

2024 FIP:

Kikuchi- 3.60

Kremer- 5.08

Plus, I really want a lefty in this rotation. Tyler Anderson seems more risky.

Then spend a bit more on the bullpen.

1 hour ago, bluedog said:

Let me be more clear since you don't seem capable of figuring out what I meant without it being spelled out for you:

Elias will move 1 or 2 veterans to other teams that have needs at their position in exchange for getting back pitching that can help us in the rotation or the pen this year.

He won't "hand out goodies" to anyone which is just about the most idiotic take I've seen on this board from anyone. He'll make trades in an attempt to improve our club just like he did two years ago with Lopez and Mancini.

I was getting ready to respond and then I realized it wasn't worth.

Have a nice day!

15 hours ago, O's84 said:

Bradish and Means may not even pitch next year and if they do, it will be at the end of the year.  Wells should be back (mid season?) I believe.  I want him in the pen, because he's consistently proven he can't stay healthy in the rotation.

I think wells and Bradish both got the internal brace around the same time, putting them optimistically mid season. Means went traditional TJ, and last time he did that he was very end of the year. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

I was reading an article in MLBTR about prospective trade candidates . One of them was AJ Puk , of Marlins. He is lefty, tall , throws Ks , nice stats too . When the Orioles play the Marlins, I wonder if his name would come up if they hold discussions then . What do you fellas think of him ?

4 hours ago, TommyPickles said:

I know it's not splashy, but I wouldn't mind Kikuchi.

2024 FIP:

Kikuchi- 3.60

Kremer- 5.08

Plus, I really want a lefty in this rotation. Tyler Anderson seems more risky.

Then spend a bit more on the bullpen.

I would be happy with Kikuchi.  I really hate when he pitches against us.  I’ve always been impressed. 

26 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I would be happy with Kikuchi.  I really hate when he pitches against us.  I’ve always been impressed. 

I'd be at least mildly disappointed. He has struggled lately and when he is bad he can get hit hard. We've torched him a few times in recent years. He is basically replacement level for his career. I would much prefer Tyler Anderson with an extra year of control and 15 WAR in his career, and we have the prospect capital to get someone of that caliber. Heaney as well seems more consistently good than Kikuchi.

19 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'd be at least mildly disappointed. He has struggled lately and when he is bad he can get hit hard. We've torched him a few times in recent years. He is basically replacement level for his career. I would much prefer Tyler Anderson with an extra year of control and 15 WAR in his career, and we have the prospect capital to get someone of that caliber. Heaney as well seems more consistently good than Kikuchi.

I prefer the guy with 125Ks in 111ip & a 3.60 FIP over the guy with 81Ks in 118ip & a 4.60 FIP.  

I’m not a believer Andersen’s 6.9 H9 (which is anchoring his whip) is sustainable.  His .228 babip points to regression (.060 below career marks).  His 3.6 BB9 is up over his career and his 6.2 K9 is down. 

On the other hand Kikuchi’s SO9, BB9, H9, HR 9 are pretty stable and his .338 babip is up over his career and points to bad luck.  

I prefer Kikuchi over Anderson. 

Edited by emmett16

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I prefer the guy with 125Ks in 111ip & a 3.60 FIP over the guy with 81Ks in 118ip & a 4.60 FIP.  

I’m not a believer Andersen’s 6.9 H9 (which is anchoring his whip) is sustainable.  His .228 babip points to regression (.060 below career marks).  His 3.6 BB9 is up over his career and his K9 is down. 

On the other hand Kikuchi’s SO9, BB9, H9, HR 9 are pretty stable and his .338 babip is up over his career and points to bad luck.  

I prefer Kikuchi over Anderson. 

Kikuchi had a strong first month. He’s been awful since then. The worst ERA (6.62) in baseball among full-time starters over the last two months. And the FIP is pretty weak (4.45) during that span as well. I’d think he’s closer to being a DFA than he is to an SP3 in a playoff rotation at this point .

Realistically, we shouldn’t want either Kikuchi or Anderson, if we’re looking for an SP3. I wouldn’t pay much more than cash and maybe one prospect in the 25-40 range for either of them. 

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Kikuchi had a strong first month. He’s been awful since then. The worst ERA (6.62) in baseball among full-time starters over the last two months. And the FIP is pretty weak (4.45) during that span as well. I’d think he’s closer to being a DFA than he is to an SP3 in a playoff rotation at this point .

Realistically, we shouldn’t want either Kikuchi or Anderson, if we’re looking for an SP3. I wouldn’t pay much more than cash and maybe one prospect in the 25-40 range for either of them. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t realized that. 

For the record I don’t want either as an impact guy.  I wouldn’t be upset if we picked up an innings eater type to absorb some load.  

We have to get a LH SP for the wall for Game 2 of the playoffs at home. One of Snell, Skubal, Crochet, or Kikuchi. 

Lots of smoke around the lefties for us. But who is available?  Snell would be huge. 

Snell has a huge start coming up @LAD

IMG_5710.jpeg