July 20th @ Rangers

Just now, justD said:

Was wondering why Hays was in.

Does not bode well for Kjerstad. 

I'm sure Hays is a defensive replacement and came in against a LHP. It's Kjerstad's first day back from the IL, they probably want to ease him back.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Santander would be one of their cheaper players. He'll probably get 15-18M a year. They can afford both and they need to replace Verdugo, Rizzo, DJ, etc. They need hitting.

I know this may be dumb but, for argument's sake what would the value be if the Orioles bring Tony Taters back?

@Malike I wonder if teams have proprietary predictive stats that overlay xBA & xOBACON with spray charts.   

I think at the end of the day the players are trying to hit the ball hard pull side in the air.  Thats when good things happen.  

Just now, emmett16 said:

@Malike I wonder if teams have proprietary predictive stats that overlay xBA & xOBACON with spray charts.   

I think at the end of the day the players are trying to hit the ball hard pull side in the air.  Thats when good things happen.  

I'm not sure if anyone asked Tom Tango that when he made the thread about xStats and their purpose. I know a lot of questions were asked but I think Tom might not have seen them.

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I know this may be dumb but, for argument's sake what would the value be if the Orioles bring Tony Taters back?

I mean, he's my favorite player. If they have to trade Kjerstad/Stowers, etc for pitching then I'd be happy with 2 or 3 years of Taters. He wouldn't keep Cowser out of the lineup and will most certainly be much more valuable than Hays or Mullins.