O's July swoon

wildcard

I don't have an issue with Bauer being discussed but leave politics out of this. "Woke" or talking about the "Left media" is delving into politics and we don't do that here.

It is possible to discuss the merits of bringing in a guy who may have the ability to help the team that is in need of starting pitching without delving into politics. Discussing his "violations" and character are certainly up for debate.

Saying that, this thread is about the team's swoon, and it certainly has been a swoon for sometime. 

The Orioles were just out homering people for awhile and were getting over their head performances by Suarez and Irvin. The bullpen, which I've been screaming for sometime about is just plain weak. When I look at some of the teams we are playing I'm amazed at how many impact arms they have while the Orioles don't have a single guy behind Kimbrel that you feel totally comfortable with when they come to the mound.

Mountcastle is in his normal long swoon, and Adley has joined him and been pretty worthless , slashing .155/.294/.286/.580 in his last 23 games. Things are just a mess and need something different. Elias can't just hold all of his cards.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, SemperFi said:

This false narrative of him being "innocent or exonerated" is tedious.  He was found quilty of violating MLB's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.  And that's not up for debate-that's a fact.

Appears Reese McGuire jerked off in his car and was arrested. Not worthy of a life time ban

4 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Appears Reese McGuire jerked off in his car and was arrested. Not worthy of a life time ban

Not sure what your point is....I am simply correcting a poster who continues to post false statements.  Bauer was found guilty by MLB, and that was affirmed in his arbitration hearing-that's an undisputable fact and anything else is a lie.

What you, I or others think about Bauer is immaterial to that point.

53 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Not sure what your point is....I am simply correcting a poster who continues to post false statements.  Bauer was found guilty by MLB, and that was affirmed in his arbitration hearing-that's an undisputable fact and anything else is a lie.

What you, I or others think about Bauer is immaterial to that point.

Bauer was found guilty of violating MLB policy, but not of any crime.

I don’t care whether Bauer comes back or not, but I wonder how many other MLB players have been found guilty of the same infraction are still playing.

Edited by HowAboutThat

Since the famed series in New York, the Orioles are 11-16. With five of the wins against Texas (6-15 against everyone else).

Pitching has been an issue for a long time, but the offense was able to cover it up. Not anymore.

I think that pitchers have figured something out about the O's young hitters. Perhaps it's that they aren't patient and like fastballs early in the count. I am not sure, but whatever it is, they haven't been able to adjust back yet.

30 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I don’t care whether Bauer comes back or not, but I wonder how many other MLB players have been found guilty of the same infraction are still playing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_suspended_for_domestic_violence

Seems like about 50/50 whether they make it back. Bauer had by far the longest suspension but you never know whether the guys who don't make it back were blacklisted or just not talented enough to be worth the risk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't have an issue with Bauer being discussed but leave politics out of this. "Woke" or talking about the "Left media" is delving into politics and we don't do that here.

It is possible to discuss the merits of bringing in a guy who may have the ability to help the team that is in need of starting pitching without delving into politics. Discussing his "violations" and character are certainly up for debate.

Saying that, this thread is about the team's swoon, and it certainly has been a swoon for sometime. 

The Orioles were just out homering people for awhile and were getting over their head performances by Suarez and Irvin. The bullpen, which I've been screaming for sometime about is just plain weak. When I look at some of the teams we are playing I'm amazed at how many impact arms they have while the Orioles don't have a single guy behind Kimbrel that you feel totally comfortable with when they come to the mound.

Mountcastle is in his normal long swoon, and Adley has joined him and been pretty worthless , slashing .155/.294/.286/.580 in his last 23 games. Things are just a mess and need something different. Elias can't just hold all of his cards.

Good post Tony , I don’t mind discussing the Bauer situation and how it affects baseball . But yes please leave the politics out of this forum . If anyone wants to indulge in politics , you do know there are other forums that contain political topics, right ?

May I add about the Bauer ?  His case is a legal minefield and I believe that’s why MLB has cast silence on his matter 

2 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Which is my point, plenty of players are disciplined or suspended without adjudication in the US or other Judicial systems-Tucupita Marcana was just suspended for life. Manfred alone has suspended 7 players/MLB employees for life-including Roberto Alomar.  

Bauer as a member of the MLBPA is subject to the terms of the CBA which is very different than the judicial system.  He was found guilty, appealed to an independent arbitrator was found guilty again but had his suspension lifted.  He was not aquitted or found innocent as many of his sycophants claim-he was found guilty twice.

Each violation of conduct is not viewed in the same light hence the severity of his suspension versus others.

Not one of us or anyone in the media knows what was in the Comissioner's report.

Nothing I have written in this thread is in judgement of Bauer, I am simply stating the facts.