Would you trade Fabian for Kikuchi?

Would you trade Fabian for Kikuchi?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Fabian for Kikuchi?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I'd probably do it. His FIP is a full run lower than his ERA, and at this point I think Fabian is most likely Ryan McKenna.

His career ERA and FIP are both over 4.50

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Exactly , there pulling one number out of a whole career, at some point he is who he is. Number 3 starter in the playoffs? 80 million for 3.0 WAR since 2019. Imagine if he was here at those prices

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think it is worth trading for any pitcher that I wouldn't be excited to start a playoff game.

If the Orioles were fighting for a playoff spot, this trade might make sense to boost the 5th starter spot to steal an extra win or two in September, but I would rather hang on to Fabian as a secondary piece for a pitcher who could potentially make a difference in October. 

Excited?   I’m not excited about any of our starters in a playoff game and that includes Burnes.  I’m hopeful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Yeah, there's some risk. I'd prefer a better pitcher, but I think Jud Fabian is going to have hardly any MLB value and like I pointed out, there's some reason to believe Kikuchi will pitch better than he has this year. Walltimore probably helps him, too.

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

I wrote in another thread Hes a lateral move, If youre giving up on Fabian sure, but he does not upgrade anything.

I don’t think he’s a lateral move. We currently have a rotation that includes Suarez and McDermott/Povich. Kikuchi is clearly better than McDermott/Povich the rest of the year. He’s also insurance for how much can Suarez hold up for?

Kikuchi is not the Bradish replacement. He’s a #3/4 on a playoff team. 

We need two SP to have a chance to win the division and a playoff series. Kikuchi is fine as the lesser half of the two SP puzzle pieces. 

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah, there's some risk. I'd prefer a better pitcher, but I think Jud Fabian is going to have hardly any MLB value and like I pointed out, there's some reason to believe Kikuchi will pitch better than he has this year. Walltimore probably helps him, too.

We should aim bigger. He’s hardly better than what we have. 

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

We should aim bigger. He’s hardly better than what we have. 

First, his career ERA and FIP are worse than I thought.   However, I’d still expect better from him than Povich, McDermott, or Suarez for the rest of this season.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Excited?   I’m not excited about any of our starters in a playoff game and that includes Burnes.  I’m hopeful.

I guess excited is too strong of a term, more like whatever the opposite of dread is. I am dreading any playoff start made by any starter currently in the system other than Burnes and Grayson, and Kikuchi wouldn't be any different. They clearly need a third playoff starter. A fourth would be a luxury, but avoiding dreading one game per series while hoping for a solid outing from Kremer, Irvin or Suarez isn't worth throwing away the future and draining the farm system.

Yeah I’d do it. I like Fabian’s upside, but he seems destined to be a short side platoon at best or 4th/5th outfielder if he makes it to the majors. There’s value to good defense and 30hr power even if he only hits .220….but tbd if he can even hit that high. 

his defense is also somewhat replaceable given bradfield and Vance in the system, even if they are further away.