Austin Hays Appreciation Thread

NashLumber

Hays was a good Oriole who at times was one of the only reasons to watch during some of the darker years.  He still has the ability to get on a hot streak and I hope he does for the Phillies, at least until we see them in the World Series.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Have we had an appreciation thread get locked yet?  Looks like we're well on our way.

It really irks me when people don’t respect the purpose of an appreciation thread.  

• Upvote 4

Can we please not let an appreciation thread spiral into the abyss. Hays does not deserve that!!!! Will miss Cowboy Hays. Played hard and wore his feelings for all to see. When he was on, he was fun to watch. Wish him well unless we meet in the WS.

• Upvote 2

Definitely gonna miss this guy he played so hard all the time and that’s why he was injured quite a bit. The wall basically killed his career in Baltimore. Even if the peripherals don’t state this, it had to be a huge mental roadblock. Wish him the best unless we see him in the World Series.

• Upvote 1

Hays was one of my favorites when the Orioles didn't have much to cheer for. I had a lot of posts in game threads that read "Say, Hays," with little if anything more. He always played hard despite the team's and his own adversity. It appears he was a very active force for good in the community.

I had hoped over the last couple of years that he could regain his effectiveness, but it seems that the injuries, playing through injuries and age have permanently diminished his skills and (along with the expansion of LF) his power. I hope he gets to play some and has a great season but a lousy World Series against Burnes, GRod, Kremer, and a another really good starter.

• Upvote 3