Orioles acquiring Zach Eflin

LookitsPuck

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, pretty sure no one here had Eflin on their bingo card. 

Jim Bowden mentioned Eflin by name yesterday as a potential target for the O's. He also mentioned Flaherty, Fedde, Kikuchi, and Quantrill, so maybe those are the other names to look out for.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I hate losing Baumeister but you make this trade 100 times out of a 100 in our situation.

On top of that, it signals Rubenstein will spend, as Eflin is due 18M next year. (Which I believe will be a single season record payout for the Os To pay a pitcher)

Great move. I thought either Eflin or Fedde was the best move for us to make and I like Eflin more because he has a better track record. 

I hope he can get back to K’ing guys like last year and I wish he missed more bats but he doesn’t walk anyone and throws a ton of strikes, so he can make up for that some.

2 fantastic moves by Elias today but they need to do more.  Still need a high leverage reliever and be nice to land one other starter with long term upside.

I saw someone quote Bowden as saying Elias doesn’t want to trade from our top 10. Not sure how true that is 

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

I saw someone quote Bowden as saying Elias doesn’t want to trade from our top 10. Not sure how true that is 

By whose definition?  Baumeister has a good case for the back of the top 10.  Hard to believe Norby is off the table, for example.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

By whose definition?  Baumeister has a good case for the back of the top 10.  Hard to believe Norby is off the table, for example.

Noting that more to say if that’s the case (who know if it is) those counting on a top end pitching addition shouldn’t get their hopes up.

Edited by casadeozo

7 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Since the start of 2023:

Eflin: 3.72 ERA, 3.25 FIP, 108 ERA+

Grayson: 4.11 ERA, 3.75 FIP, 96 ERA+

I'm excited about this move. And we have him for next year.

I know you gotta start the comparison somewhere, but Grayson is a totally different guy from the beginning of last year

5 minutes ago, OrioleintheATL said:

These trades were a 3/4 and a 6/7 on a scale of 1-10.   There is another 6/7 coming and a 9/10.  Mark it down.

I feel there is a trade coming that we are going to get really excited about.  A big time one.

5 minutes ago, OrioleintheATL said:

These trades were a 3/4 and a 6/7 on a scale of 1-10.   There is another 6/7 coming and a 9/10.  Mark it down.

I feel there is a trade coming that we are going to get really excited about.  A big time one.

2 minutes ago, OrioleintheATL said:

Willing to be convinced but is this a “I shouldn’t have finished that burrito“ type feeling, or do you have some insider info…?