7/29 Eflin debut vs Toronto in game one of DH

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, nevadaO said:

Same! I'm not sure why people were turned off by this trade. Eflin is really good.

403 FTL

The guy was a Phillie, then a Ray and now an Orioles. First class organization. Doesn’t mean today will be great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You always need shuttle guys. Ideally, I would think they’d like to have 2-3 spots they can interchange between 5-6 guys. That allows them to maybe get some younger arms in there, like McDermott and the others we mentioned already.  Bautista, if he is back to his old form, Seranthony, Cano, Soto (who I think may just surprise some people), while Cionel and Akin are not sure things. Either could be moved. They should make some moves there, IMO. Cionel has not really improved as much as I had hoped. Akin has had a very good year. Are they ARB eligible this year?
    • You’re the one who threw Ripken into the discussion.  And I don’t think anyone is necessarily saying that Gunnar will be as good as Ripken.  Cal is 3rd all time in Total Zone Runs for a SS.  But, Cal also proves that you don’t judge a SS solely on how many errors they make.  The years that Cal made 26, 25 and 25 errors, he was +11, +23, +O Rtot.  And  Gunnar is playing a solid SS now by the advanced metrics.  
    • Coby's problem is not the SSS at bats, but rather his sample size on defense, both minors and majors. He has no position at this point in his career. He's a DH and not in the lineup today because AS is Dhing. Eloy is on the bench as well. Both are PH options so stay ready. 
    • I do not know if there were extenuating circumstances or not.  Could be it's a quieter locker room without the rest of the guys, which would make sense in a concussion situation.  So, maybe I did rush to an unfair conclusion here.  At the time, I felt like it more of a "spring training look" when the starters all leave the field after they're done playing.....so yes, there could be other very reasonable explanations. I'll stand corrected, and retract my conclusion.
    • Message to Coby.....you better learn how to use a glove.
    • Totally agree.  And at no point will some people be able to admit that the shiny, new rookie may be overmatched, and putting him just because hangouters want him in there may not be the best move for team chemistry or results  People need to earn their way when given a chance, and with where we are in the standings, leashes are going to be short.  We're not the White Sox who can afford to play anyone they want because it doesn't matter.
  • Popular Contributors