James McCann is a badass

interloper

Did McCann sit through the entire night cap in full uniform ready to go in,  if called?  Most would be in a warm bed with a a bottle of Tylenol nearby.  Dude is a warrior.

I said it last season - McCann is the guy you want on your side when the bench-clearing brawl breaks out. He ain't backing down to anyone. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

Did McCann sit through the entire night cap in full uniform ready to go in,  if called?  Most would be in a warm bed with a a bottle of Tylenol nearby.  Dude is a warrior.

I said it last season - McCann is the guy you want on your side when the bench-clearing brawl breaks out. He ain't backing down to anyone. 

He was the Novacaine Player of the Game. 

Remember those days when trainers would spray a can of something on injuries on the field. What was that? Compressed air or some attempt to numb the pain with cold temperatures? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chuck Toedan said:

If Boston has a bloody sock to believe in breaking a curse, maybe just maybe McCann wanted to one up them with a broken beak!

...or at least a new badass of the month award anyway

McCann built the Hydration Station. Perhaps the O's can break out Rally Blood when needed from now on, like in pro wrasslin'. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Mac said:

He should never have to buy a beer in Baltimore again in his life. 

I'm in.

Ok, between him and Odor, who else do we have to buy beers for? 

Edited by NashLumber

59 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

He was the Novacaine Player of the Game. 

Remember those days when trainers would spray a can of something on injuries on the field. What was that? Compressed air or some attempt to numb the pain with cold temperatures? 

I do remember that spray.   It was just a can of composed air that froze or numbed the sound area.  I got should at second base in high school turning a DP.  Split my leg open right along the shin bone.   A butterfly bandaid and some of that spray did the trick (I really should have got some stitches but that's not how things were. 

I also remember the parks and rec guys breaking out bags of lye to chalk the batter's box and basepaths in Little League.  That could have been the best for our health.

• Upvote 1

It sort of making complaining about going to work on a Monday seem a little dumb. Haha. Much respect for McCann. There’s a guy trying to win and feed his family. 

You don’t think he don’t know who Sam Basallo is?  Yeah, he ain’t getting Wally Pipp’d this year. I respect that. 

Talk about how Iron sharpens iron. Meanwhile you got Hays crying because we asked him to be a platoon OF, which he is totally fine with the same role on another team. 🤔 

Edited by sportsfan8703

As someone else said, he can go 0 for the rest of the season and I will not say a bad word about the man. 

Crazy how you watch baseball for 40 plus years and on any random day once in awhile something happens that you have never seen before and will stick with you. I think this will be one of those for me. What percentage of players today would come out of the game there? I'd have to say well over 99 percent. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It sort of making complaining about going to work on a Monday seem a little dumb. Haha. Much respect for McCann. There’s a guy trying to win and feed his family. 

You don’t think he don’t know who Sam Basallo is?  Yeah, he ain’t getting Wally Pipp’d this year. I respect that. 

Talk about how Iron sharpens iron. Meanwhile you got Hays crying because we asked him to be a platoon OF, which he is totally fine with the same role on another team. 🤔 

Jeez, some people just have to drag someone down to build someone up. Hays never said a single word about his role while he was here, so please stop with the “crying.”   I’m sure he didn’t like it, but he suffered in silence.  Hays was well known for playing through nagging injuries, so I’m sure he would have loved what McCann did.  

• Upvote 1