Zach Eflin 2024

Sanfran327

1 minute ago, Mendoza Line said:

I have a bigger issue with him burning Cano in a game with a 4 run lead in the 9th after pitching Wednesday. If we are in a 1 run game tonight you are down your best (or 2nd best) reliever. This was a perfect spot to pitch Kimbrel.

Probably indicates decreased trust in Kimbrel.

It's like people here have already forgotten how fragile pitching is.

Anytime they have a decent chance if holding a lead and getting a win, it makes perfect sense to save an inning here or there.

Edited by maybenxtyr

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

It's like people here have already forgotten how fragile pitching is.

Anytime they have a decent chance if holding a load and getting a win, it makes perfect sense to save an inning here or there.

So if the team clinches a playoff spot you are in favor of shutting Burnes and Eflin down until the playoffs?

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So if the team clinches a playoff spot you are in favor of shutting Burnes and Eflin down until the playoffs?

Is that what I said?

Are you going to play word games and insinuate that teams don't try to save an inning here or there down the stretch?

Edited by maybenxtyr
Added on.

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Is that what I said?

Are you going to play word games and insinuate that teams don't try to save an inning here or there down the stretch?

I don't think there is any evidence that saving an inning here or there makes any difference.

If you are scared to let your guys pitch, shut em down and put them in bubble wrap for the playoffs.

I don't think having Eflin throw 87 pitches in August helps prepare him to throw 100+ in October.

32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think there is any evidence that saving an inning here or there makes any difference.

If you are scared to let your guys pitch, shut em down and put them in bubble wrap for the playoffs.

I don't think having Eflin throw 87 pitches in August helps prepare him to throw 100+ in October.

I don't expect him to throw anymore in the playoffs than he would now. Transmission do it all of the time. 

So we have seen Eflin for 4 starts with the O's.  He's 4-0 with a 2.13 ERA and 1.03 WHIP.

What is making him so good with the O's.   Analytics game Prep? Better game calling by the catchers?   Better defense?   Just dumb luck?

He has a 4.20 career ERA.   HIs WHIP in 2023  with Tampa was better but his ERA was good but not this good.

Give your opinion  on Eflin.   Can he continue this or anytime close to this?

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So we have seen Eflin for 4 starts with the O's.  He's 4-0 with a 2.13 ERA and 1.03 WHIP.

What is making him so good with the O's.   Analytics game Prep? Better game calling by the catchers?   Better defense?   Just dumb luck?

He has a 4.20 career ERA.   HIs WHIP in 2023  with Tampa was better but his ERA was good but not this good.

Give your opinion  on Eflin.   Can he continue this or anytime close to this?

He’s not a 2 ERA pitcher. Is he a sub 4 ERA guy?  Yea I think he is, especially at this point in his career.

In any good or bad stretch, you have good or bad luck. 

But he’s a pitcher. He knows how to execute his pitches and has a plan out there.

Zach Elfin is the better of two starters we acquired from the deadline .  So much has said about other starter so I leave him out at this time . But Elfin is doing great 👍🏻 but I don’t know if he can replace Bradish , GrayRod , or Means . 

I don't see anything different from what we've seen pitching against us in previous years. He had a 4.09 ERA this year but 3.50 (118 ERA+) in 2023. I don't expect him to sustain 2.13 but he has shown to be capable of solid above average production. I love strike throwers but he will occasionally get hit hard with his approach.