Jackson Holliday to be recalled- per Baltimore Banner

MurphDogg

I feel like a little of the calculation right now is so meshing into the clubhouse there won't be any wasted effort on individuals coming or going.

I don't think there would have been any Huff-Wieters kind of stuff for Hyde to worry about, but simplicity helps.

Can we write 2B Holliday, 3B Westburg in ink for a minute getting ready to defend October?

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

His season isn't necessarily done. There are more than 60 days left in the season, and it is backdated anyway.

Could be right. As someone who’s had that injury playing ball, I assume his season will more than likely be over. With that elbow being your lead arm in your swing and glove hand it’s a lot to recover from.

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I feel like a little of the calculation right now is so meshing into the clubhouse there won't be any wasted effort on individuals coming or going.

I don't think there would have been any Huff-Wieters kind of stuff for Hyde to worry about, but simplicity helps.

Can we write 2B Holliday, 3B Westburg in ink for a minute getting ready to defend October?

What was the Huff-Wieters situation? I know Matt came up in '09 (May, I think)  and Huff was traded in August of the same year, but I'm not making the connection. 

3 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

What was the Huff-Wieters situation? I know Matt came up in '09 (May, I think)  and Huff was traded in August of the same year, but I'm not making the connection. 

I don't believe many names were named but I remember Buck Showalter having to warn his clubhouse about rookie hazing during 2009, and then as you said the trade deadline mixed up the group a big time rookie was acclimating to the league with.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I don't believe many names were named but I remember Buck Showalter having to warn his clubhouse about rookie hazing during 2009, and then as you said the trade deadline mixed up the group a big time rookie was acclimating to the league with.

Gotcha. Thanks, that make sense. I do remember some gold undergarments associated with Huff, and also some whining about the lack of nightlife, but didn't know how Wieters figured into it. 

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Gotcha. Thanks, that make sense. I do remember some gold undergarments associated with Huff, and also some whining about the lack of nightlife, but didn't know how Wieters figured into it. 

IIRC Huff went on Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show and called Baltimore a horses**t town as well.  Memorable times.

11 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Isn’t McCann going on the IL? He can’t possibly play for a few days

Not necessarily. The doctors  "cleared him to play" today. Maybe Hunt was only activated for tonight's game as a precaution and will go back down tomorrow, but I guess we'll get more clarity on this tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cuellar35 said:

I would imagine Mayo has GOT to come up at some point. That would strengthen the bench.

He's gonna get the Gunnar treatment of a couple years ago. Late August to keep his rookie status in tact and playoff eligibility. They tried Jackson for the RoY role earlier in the year. Didn't work out. Another candidate has emerged: Cowser. Next years candidate is Mayo.