Jackson Holliday to be recalled- per Baltimore Banner

MurphDogg

4 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

You don’t think we carry a back up infielder?

I'm just over him but yeah he's safe until Mateo is back at least. I'd be fine with Vavra or Soto though, or other options.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If they DFA Ramon Urias the day after the trade deadline, that would be among the worst roster management I’ve ever heard of.

Yeah that's not happening despite the hate Urias gets on OH he has a value as a player and at the very least could be traded for a low level prospect.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bemorewins said:

He has struck out 77 times in 266 ABs at AAA this season.

lot better than majors! but that's still worse than last year i think. 77/266 = 29%

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I highly doubt this is Urias' last game.  He just goes back to the bench.  Mateo returns when the roster expands.

Mateo just transferred to the 60 day IL to make room on the 40 for some of the new acquisitions. 

His injury was July 23.   So he can't come back until Sept 22.   Not when the roster expands.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Mateo’s legs aren’t broke. He could still be a pinch runner in a playoff series. 

Yep. Him or Bradfield, and I would rather not waste the 40-man roster spot in the off season on Bradfield. 

Curious whether Mateo or Urias are tendered contracts this offseason.