Rank the (Individual) Trades

now

Rank the (Individual) Trades  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rank the (individual) trades made by the Orioles by the 2024 deadline

• Dominguez, Pache for Hays
    • Eflin for Baumeister (17), Horvath (10), Etzel (20)
    • Rogers for Norby (4), Stowers
    • Soto for Johnson (12), Chace (23)
    • Jimenez for McGough (40+)
    • Reilly (15) for Cook (38)

Just give a gut ranking, though there could be multiple considerations factoring in your rank (short/long term value, underpay vs. overpay, positional need, unblocking prospects, contract/salary, floor/ceiling, etc.). Multiple choice if undecided. Last OH prospect ranking = (x).

Edited by now

The writers at Camden Chat hated the Rogers and other trades made today.  Basically saying what I have.  It seemed like a lot of moves that amounted to nothing, and may hurt the team in the mid to long term.

https://www.camdenchat.com/2024/7/30/24209742/mlb-trade-news-orioles-trevor-rogers-marlins

https://www.camdenchat.com/2024/7/30/24209965/mlb-trade-news-orioles-eloy-jimenez-white-sox

5 hours ago, now said:

Just give a gut ranking, though there could be multiple considerations factoring in your rank (short/long term value, underpay vs. overpay, positional need, unblocking prospects, contract/salary, floor/ceiling, etc.). Multiple choice if undecided. Last OH prospect ranking = (x).

My second highest trade is Cook for Reilly. Cook was 27ish I believe and was dealt for Reilly who is sitting around #15. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

My second highest trade is Cook for Reilly. Cook was 27ish I believe and was dealt for Reilly who is sitting around #15. 

I like that move too.  Can’t say I really understand it from the Pirates’ standpoint, except that Cook is closer to major league ready.   But good for us.  

I really like the Eflin trade.  There weren’t many solid starters on the market, and we landed one of the better ones.

8 hours ago, now said:

Not to prejudice your vote or opinion, but interesting to note (and surprising to me), MLB.com just ranked the Rogers (#7) and Jimenez (#11) trades among their "most impactful deals." https://www.mlb.com/news/2024-mlb-trade-deadline-deals-ranked

I feel like they had to of just totally over looked the Eflin trade in this ranking.  I think the Eflin trade is our most impactful trade and probably one of if not the most impactful trade of the whole deadline.  If for no other reason than we had a HUGE hole in our rotation and Elias patched it with Eflin and Rogers without giving up any of our top end prospects. 

• Upvote 1

Eflin would seem to clearly be the most impactful on paper.   

If the O's can fix Rogers, that could be the biggest steal.  We did give up major league ready prospects and if either becomes a solid everyday player, could be a huge coup for the Marlins if Rogers continues down the path of mediocrity. 

I trust Elias on these relievers (Dominguez and Soto) and our ability to get the most out of them.   

I don't like the Jimenez trade because I feel it will impede Mayo from being added to the roster.  It's been a few years since Jimenez was an above average player, but if he's just in there against lefties as a DH I think he will do okay. 

Edited by ChuckS

9 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Does the poll mean, vote for the one you think was the best trade? I don't think there's a way to rank using the poll. 

I think the Eflin trade was the best, all things considered. 

5 hours ago, gtman55 said:

You can't rank with a poll.

Right, I guess it means the results will represent a ranking.

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Good point, just added.