Trevor Rogers 2024

Just Regular

On 9/4/2024 at 10:54 PM, Spakman said:

Can we please stop arguing about this trade. it was a bad trade no matter how it turns out. How can you dispute that?

On 9/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, foxfield said:

Ok boys and girls.  Let's pull it in.  This one is over.  No matter what.  It's over.  Last one out please turn out the lights.

So as it turns out we need at least 6 more pages to debate the completely indisputable. Please forgive my above post. Who knew?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, foxfield said:

So as it turns out we need at least 6 more pages to debate the completely indisputable. Please forgive my above post. Who knew?

Well, you’re not gonna see me involved in the debate anymore. In my humble opinion, it’s a terrible trade, no matter what. End of story. I can’t be convinced otherwise. I’ve yet to even see a slightly compelling reason why it might be a good trade. Obviously if he comes back and pitches lights out and we win a World Series  I’m going to be happy with the trade, but it still doesn’t really make it a good trade on paper. Good night everybody. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spakman said:

Well, you’re not gonna see me involved in the debate anymore. In my humble opinion, it’s a terrible trade, no matter what. End of story. I can’t be convinced otherwise. I’ve yet to even see a slightly compelling reason why it might be a good trade. Obviously if he comes back and pitches lights out and we win a World Series  I’m going to be happy with the trade, but it still doesn’t really make it a good trade on paper. Good night everybody. 

You’re entitled to your opinion as we are entitled to our opinions . 

On 9/3/2024 at 10:12 AM, Frobby said:

I’m reminded a little bit of the Bud Norris trade.  He was quite mediocre for us the year we acquired him at the deadline (86 ERA*).   Then the next year he was a big contributor to our AL East championship team (108 ERA+).   He totally screwed the pooch his third year (58 ERA+) and we released him before the season was over.   So, he wasn’t completely worthless over his three year tenure but he certainly didn’t help us two years out of three.  I hope we’ll get more out of Rogers, but we’ll see.  

One good Bud Norris year out of Rogers would be nice.  Two would be amazing.

16 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Repeating this over and over doesn't make it any less dumb.

It's still just as dumb as the first time you said it (which is MUCHO btw).

Well, then stop quoting me if you don’t like what I got to say and stop bothering me. I said 1 million times it’s my opinion if you don’t like it that’s great enjoy it. Enjoy your great trade.

18 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like it when Spazman folds his arms and pouts and says he'll never be convinced otherwise.  Same thing my toddler does, it's pretty adorable when he does it.  I'm not sure it's adorable from a grown man, though, but I bet it's probably hilarious.

I asked to be convinced many times. There’s nothing that convinced me that at the time of the trade it was a good trade. I am done freaking talking about this. You guys are borderline harassing me.

9 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Norby at 8HRs, 2 today against the Phillies.

Certainly happy for him. He’s getting a chance to play. We obviously didn’t need offense. It’s nice to have that extra minor-league depth on the pitching staff that we got for him.

Edited by Spakman
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Norby at 8HRs, 2 today against the Phillies.

Norby wouldn’t be getting at bats here. He’d have the Mayo role. And we’d all be complaining as to why we didn’t trade him.

7 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Norby wouldn’t be getting at bats here. He’d have the Mayo role. And we’d all be complaining as to why we didn’t trade him.

I totally agree he wouldn’t be getting them. But I think he’s a more polished hitter than mayo at this point. Mayo most definitely has potential to be a better hitter, but Norby has looked better.  I’m not sure about Mayo’s  stance long term. And defensively they both aren’t that good but I think Norby may have potential will be a little bit better.

11 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Mayo’s issue is his glove. Norby doesn’t have the same issue. 

You don’t know that Norby has the same problem. He might be a little bit better, but he’s not good at any position. But like I said in the previous post, I think he has the most potential to become a better defender.