8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

Just now, eddie83 said:

You make an investment in trading for the guy and you want the manager to say screw it after 2 games?

Do you get why they brought him in? 

Do you get why it was a bad decision?  The results speak for themselves.  What I want the manager to do is realize the guy has already sucked the first two games, so let's not bring him into key situations until he earns that right in some low key situations.  Let him have some mop up time or low leverage situations to right himself.  Kinda what we are doing with Kimbrel now.  Maybe it was a bad trade, sure not looking good.  But the way Hyde is using him looks ever worse.  

• Upvote 1

Smith has now given up a run, so I would imagine he’s not happy with Soto either. But I stand by what I said. Bringing Soto on was stupid.
Taking Suarez out was stupid. He only had 73 pitches wasn’t tired wasn’t fatigue wasn’t showing any change in performance.
Taking Smith out was stupid he had thrown. I think eight pitches and had gotten two outs. So three stupid pitching moves in one inning.

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

The 6th inning with 2 outs man on 1st is not a high leverage situation.  It won’t show up on any statistics as one even if you keep saying it is.  

1-0, runner on, 6th inning, 2 out is closer to high leverage than low leverage. And Soto is a control mess. Not exactly a recipe for success.

Just now, forphase1 said:

Do you get why it was a bad decision?  The results speak for themselves.  What I want the manager to do is realize the guy has already sucked the first two games, so let's not bring him into key situations until he earns that right in some low key situations.  Let him have some mop up time or low leverage situations to right himself.  Kinda what we are doing with Kimbrel now.  Maybe it was a bad trade, sure not looking good.  But the way Hyde is using him looks ever worse.  

He had a 1.42 era in 22 appearances before his last game in Philly. What don’t you get? 

It’s 2 freaking games. His resume is not 2 games.