FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

Some don’t like this quote from Hyde but this kind of goes back to what the hitting coaches are saying.

The coaches (if we are to believe them) are preparing these guys but once they get in the box, things are changing. This is all mental with these guys. It is time for them to relax and start having fun again.

They need a players only team meeting and get themselves loosened up.

What I've noticed with Mayo is all you have to do is stay on the outside edge - he can't cover there to save his life. Pitchers are just throwing him junk away and he's just trying to pull it. It's like what you'd do to a newb online opponent in MLB The Show. I watch it and I'm like, it can't be this easy to get people out. I don't understand how he even hit at AAA with his current approach. 

Edited by interloper

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Some don’t like this quote from Hyde but this kind of goes back to what the hitting coaches are saying.

The coaches (if we are to believe them) are preparing these guys but once they get in the box, things are changing. This is all mental with these guys. It is time for them to relax and start having fun again.

They need a players only team meeting and get themselves loosened up.

If the season were a movie, this is where the fellas would play a pickup game of stickball in a vacant lot to rediscover the joy of baseball. Then they would win the next 11 games.