Will Texas put any of their arms on Waivers by the end of August?

sportsfan8703

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/rangers-rumors-waivers-luxury-tax-max-scherzer-jon-gray-andrew-heaney.html

We'll see what happens.  It's the end of August and the Rangers are 11 GB in the AL West, and 12.5 GB in the AL WC.  

I dont know the rangers roster, if any of these guys are impending FA, then yes at this point they will be put on waivers.

46 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Gray is owed 13M next year and the other 2 are FAs. I would definitely grab Heaney but he won’t get to us. I may grab any of them really but I doubt any of them are still there for the Os.

But we are very low on the waiver priority list, and it's too late to make cash considerations trades. So how would any good pitcher make it all the way to us without another team snatching him up first?

Just now, rm5678 said:

But we are very low on the waiver priority list, and it's too late to make cash considerations trades. So how would any good pitcher make it all the way to us without another team snatching him up first?

That’s why I said I doubt any of them are available to us

The Rangers and Giants really screwed up by not trying to trade some of their veterans. 

I'm surprised to see it looks like the Mariners are close to falling out. I figured their pitching would be enough to get them a wild card at least.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

The Rangers and Giants really screwed up by not trying to trade some of their veterans. 

I'm surprised to see it looks like the Mariners are close to falling out. I figured their pitching would be enough to get them a wild card at least.

If I remember correctly, most of the Rangers veteran pitchers were injured at or around the trade deadline. I have to imagine that might have played a role.

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If I remember correctly, most of the Rangers veteran pitchers were injured at or around the trade deadline. I have to imagine that might have played a role.

As far as I know there wasn't anything wrong with Robertson or Yates. They looked good when we played them just before the deadline. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s why I said I doubt any of them are available to us

How does waivers work now?  Is it still by reverse order of standings?  Each league separate still?

If they would only have to clear the AL first… if we’re in 2nd place behind the Yankees… and behind Clev… then we’d really only have to worry about Boston, KC, Minn, and HOU. Do HOU and BOS have luxury tax issues?  Do KC and Minn have any budget to claim them?

Just my thought process… it all hinges on potential releases only having to clear the entire AL, then move onto the NL. That is how it used to be. I believe. 

Could we end up with like one of Heaney/Gray/Scherzer and one of Leclrec/Robertson?

Lots of “what ifs”, but desperate times call for…

Edited by sportsfan8703