METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

Just now, SteveA said:

For those watching, was the Martinez ball a likely DP?   I see some criticism of both Urias and Holliday on the play.   Should we have gotten two?   Who screwed up?

Yes.  Tailor made .  Holiday lost the ball transferring it.   JD Martinez runs like my grandmother 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SteveA said:

For those watching, was the Martinez ball a likely DP?   I see some criticism of both Urias and Holliday on the play.   Should we have gotten two?   Who screwed up?

It should been 2, Holiday lost control of the ball.

• Thanks 1

Not at all.

That wasn't a bad pitch for him to offer at.

That wasn't a "pitcher's pitch" for him.  Everyone is different you know.

image.png.595fad0d5fe4deecbc97ea487990b870.png

That pitch was right there at the .130/.115 spot.  Certainly not idea but not something he should take so he can fall behind 0-1.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

The ball came up on Urias.  He made a good play on it but then Holiday rushed it and lost the grip trying to turn DP.  He had more time then he thought IMO because martinez is really slow.  

19 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Hit batter, can't convert an inning ending double play, get away game, may as well just give in to the perfect game and move on down the road.

Good strategy.   We'll keep you in mind when it's time to replace Hyde as manager.

• Haha 2