METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

His momentum was carrying him toward 1st.  Runner slid early, went over him. 

I’ll have to watch again but that looks about as tailor-made a double play as there is. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

This is very short sighted. Whether we like it or not, right now Kimbrel getting right makes this a better team. It’s not really that hard to figure that out given the poor options we have.

Kimbrel being pressed into some higher leverage situations is necessary.

It is necessary because Elias has provided Hyde with no better options and that is not good on a competing team. But when you decide waiver fodder and struggling pitchers on other teams are the best way to build a bullpen vs acquiring impact arms or better yet, drafting and developing bullpen depth, you get what you get when a few guys go down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

He isn’t 7 feet tall. 

You can extend up instead of up and out. That was a slow runner and you have zero percent chance of getting the out coming off the bag. I am not saying that on that play alone. He almost came off the bag on a Urias throw slightly up the line earlier too. He also expects a good throw all the time. I was always taught to hope for the best but expect the worse.