METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

Who's available and who's not if this game goes into extras?  

If Cano is available, I think he'd be a better bet to finish the 8th and pitch the 9th if the game is still tied.  Want to save Seranthony for the 10th.

Dominguez is in the game already and most likely will pitch the 9th.

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

Who's available and who's not if this game goes into extras?  

If Cano is available, I think he'd be a better bet to finish the 8th and pitch the 9th if the game is still tied.  Want to save Seranthony for the 10th.

SD just finished 8th. Has to be Soto 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

This is very short sighted. Whether we like it or not, right now Kimbrel getting right makes this a better team. It’s not really that hard to figure that out given the poor options we have.

Kimbrel being pressed into some higher leverage situations is necessary.

Kimbrel looked really good yesterday, albeit for two batters. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It is necessary because Elias has provided Hyde with no better options and that is not good on a competing team. But when you decide waiver fodder and struggling pitchers on other teams are the best way to build a bullpen vs acquiring impact arms or better yet, drafting and developing bullpen depth, you get what you get when a few guys go down.

No doubt there. I think Elias’ blind spot is the bullpen. I know some of the stats that Frobby loves to cite say differently but I don’t feel he has done a good job building a bullpen so far as the GM of the team.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sounds like he's having another bad day. Even the best of players have bad days, but sure would be nice to see him take care of the routine play more often.

His error last night on a play that would have gotten out of the inning preceeded Burch Smith's meltdown, which forced Cano to have to pitch last night for the 3rd time in 4 days and 5th time in 7 days and maybe now Cano isn't available today because of that.   And that's one reason why we were pretty much going to have to use Kimbrel at some point today to get to the 9th once we took Irvin out in the 5th.

So Gunnar's defensive lapses are having a ripple effect.