METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

Just now, RavensNOsGuy said:

Haha it’s comical, this team has 0 chance of doing shit in October.

If they make the playoffs.

The Astros might easily sweep us. Then we're at the Dodgers. We're in trouble.

Just now, O's84 said:

It's really brutal watching them.  It's like a ticking time bomb and it's not a matter if, it's a matter of when everything gets blown to hell.

That’s the problem I have. It feels like no lead is safe.

Just now, eddie83 said:

That’s story of this game. Pen is biggest issue but today is all about bats.  

Yup. We had every opportunity at the end to make it a 5-3 game. One big hit and Ohearn, Adley, Gunnar all fumbled.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Elias' acquisitions for the bullpen in the offseason and trading deadline are not exactly good.

I think we all know why Dominguez was available for Hays. Kimbrel is who he is, and let's not forget the amazing Fuji last year. 

But the Orioles pitching coaches will fix them.. lol

Elias and company seem a little clueless at times.

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know how he was showboating there.  

He didn’t have to throw at full speed. He could have at least slowed down. And he threw at about a 45 degree angle to his direction of movement. None of that was necessary. And many of his bad throws have resulted from that kind of unnecessary full speed throw on the fly kind of play.

Sometimes there’s no choice, I get that. But frequently,he does.

2 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

What do we do now? Go back to Cano?

Cano struggles to get out lefties this year too. Not sure I'd feel good about a closer that lefties slash .254/.315/.463/.778 off of. 

Your guess is as good as mine who they should use. Right now, Hyde has no choice but to use these guys. Maybe give Perez a shot? He pitches well in high leverage.  

What a pathetic excuse of a bunch of guys I'm seeing.  And I'm not talking about the O's, I'm talking about some of you so called 'Fans'.  With the amount of injuries this team has had, it's a miracle we're even competitive.  I know it's frustrating to lose to a walkoff, but to call this team a pile of trash, after they're battling every day is a joke. 

Just now, toughbuff1 said:

What a pathetic excuse of a bunch of guys I'm seeing.  And I'm not talking about the O's, I'm talking about some of you so called 'Fans'.  With the amount of injuries this team has had, it's a miracle we're even competitive.  I know it's frustrating to lose to a walkoff, but to call this team a pile of trash, after they're battling every day is a joke. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Yup. We had every opportunity at the end to make it a 5-3 game. One big hit and Ohearn, Adley, Gunnar all fumbled.

This is true too. When was the last time this team had a MONSTER hit to go up 2 3 runs? I can't remember