Thought Trembley Wanted To Extend Pitchers?

GnatsFan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The premise of this thread seems to be that DT does not want his SP's to give him 6+ IP. That is a completely goofy idea, and I assume that everybody knows it. If DT makes a decision to yank a guy before then, it's because he sees something that outweighs his hope/desire/expectation/prayer that the SP can give him 6+ that day. One of the things I like about DT is that he generally answers questions about why he did whatever he did. So, I'm not sure what the mystery is.

If you think he made a mistake and should have been thinking the way you think watching TV, instead of how he thinks in the dugout, well that's something else. But let's not pretend that he doesn't wanna stretch guys out to give him 6+ IP. He wants that *more* than any other single thing that he's unlikely to get this season. It's what's gonna give him ulcers.

According to here, the Mexican League runs from mid-March with the playoffs running through mid-August. That would not jive with what you have. Thus he would not be ready for extended innings early.[...].

Probably just an honest mistake. He probably meant the Dominican Winter Ball League, which runs from November through February when coupled with the Caribbean Series which Alfredo also participated in.

Whew... nice save Dave! For a minute there I thought one of our pitchers was going to give us 6 innings. ;)

So when Mark was left in and given up runs or more hits during the inning, would you have came here and posted "Ugh, Dave! He was over 100 pitches and it's the longest he has pitched since 2006 and it's the start of the season!"

Or something like that?

I say it was the right move tonight. Don't push your luck too much on Hendrickson. Plus he wasn't really stretched out too much in the spring was he?

Yeah, I don't mind the move too much... it has its logic with Burrell coming up... but if Baez doesn't come out for the next inning I will go ballistic.

So when Mark was left in and given up runs or more hits during the inning, would you have came here and posted "Ugh, Dave! He was over 100 pitches and it's the longest he has pitched since 2006 and it's the start of the season!"

Or something like that?

We had a 4 run cushion. We should not care what happens to Hendrickson as he is quite expendable. Pitch him until his arm falls off as long as it saves the bullpen for our younger starters when we will need them later in the season...

I just can't understand this thread - especially at the beginning of the season. If you look around the league you see just about EVERY manager unwilling to stretch pitchers past the 6th inning - even in starts where the SP is pitching lights out.

This is basic baseball people!!

We had a 4 run cushion. We should not care what happens to Hendrickson as he is quite expendable. Pitch him until his arm falls off as long as it saves the bullpen for our younger starters when we will need them later in the season...

just want to point out that this makes you a heartless human being if you dont' care about the health of a pitcher.

As others have pointed out in -this very thread- it's early in the season and -other managers are doing the same thing-

just want to point out that this makes you a heartless human being if you dont' care about the health of a pitcher.

As others have pointed out in -this very thread- it's early in the season and -other managers are doing the same thing-

Obviously I'm exaggerating, as I don't wish any harm on Hendrickson, but the point is he's fodder. As long as he pitches 6-7 innings everytime out we shouldn't care how many runs he gives up.

This season isn't about winning, it's about treading water until the calvary get here.

Archived