8/22: Braxton Has Bragg'in Rights For Shorebirds

cboemmeljr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Frankly it's kind of depressing to watch the Orioles these days, because their lineup and bullpen have been so ravaged by injuries.  But, we are told that many people will return before the end of the season.  So here is something to look forward to:  our optimal starting lineup and staff when everyone is healthy (well, everyone except for Mateo, Bradish, etc):   Catcher:  Rutschman 1B:  Mountcastle 2B:  Westburg SS:  Henderson 3B:  Urias/Rivera platoon Outfield:  Santander, Cowser, Mullins/Slater platoon DH:  Kjerstad  Other bench players:  McCann, O'Hearn, utility infielder for defensive emergencies only who can play 2B and SS (Livan Soto) Rotation:  Burnes, Eflin, Suarez, Grayrod, Kremer (one of them goes to bullpen for playoffs) Bullpen:  Cano, Dominguez, Webb, Coulombe, Perez, Irvin, Akin, Bowman, Soto (or Anderson if he shows enough at AAA) DFA Kimbrel, Jimenez, Maton, Burch Smith Farmed out/off the playoff roster:  Holliday, Mayo, Povich None of this should be too controversial except my suggestion that Kjerstad should be the everyday DH over O'Hearn once he returns.   The way I see it, O'Hearn is in a swoon and like Rutschman has become a millstone in the middle of the lineup.  Kjerstad deserves a shot to claim this job.  O'Hearn becomes our main pinch hitter against RHP; Rivera, Urias or Slater can PH against lefties.        
    • Agreed. I don’t really want to go all out to have to win games in the last series. I want to get guys rested (maybe Adley doesn’t play any game that series), get the pitching lined up and get the injured guys some more Ml time.
    • As soon as you stop worrying about winning the division, the better off you’ll feel about this season. Once we split with the Astros, took 1 from the Dodgers and realized we wouldn’t be losing 7 in a row (8 counting the Mets finale), I exhaled a bit. All that matters is getting the IL guys healthy enough so they can contribute again, ideally with some time before the postseason to shake off the rust. Whatever this team is doing now doesn’t matter and the schedule is very friendly to the WC teams this year with the extra days off. If we don’t get the IL guys back in time, it won’t matter if we get the bye or not. 
    • Bruh. You were just advocating for bringing them up without fully rehabbing. The doctors will say "let them rehab fully before activating them from the IL."  
    • I think they want to use him on more rest as well. Doubt Orioles see him. 
    • They would rather him pitch in the Royals series anyway as they are closer to them.  
    • Maybe Jackson Holliday is so great sending Boston to Yankee Stadium with some steam was a calculated move  Your home Tarik Skubal game against road Rockies...you can't predict baseball.     If they delay him for the OPACY series next weekend, I believe it would cost him a start for the Cy Young race with Seth Lugo. It will be nice for the half game fragment vs. NYY to get cleared one way or the other tonight as every Club gets toward 162.   Orioles and Yankees have the same off days the entire rest of the season, so no more halves barring rainouts.
  • Popular Contributors