Three Man booth on the road

accinfo

I think we can say this a bit of a change of philosophy with MASN to have Brown, Palmer, and Ben McDonald again in the booth together for a road game.  I assumed they did just for a home series but it continues on the road in LA.  It certainly costs them more money.  It pissed me off when they continued last year to do the road games from a TV screen using Covid as an excuse.  I think this shows a difference in ownership.

2 hours ago, accinfo said:

I think we can say this a bit of a change of philosophy with MASN to have Brown, Palmer, and Ben McDonald again in the booth together for a road game.  I assumed they did just for a home series but it continues on the road in LA.  It certainly costs them more money.  It pissed me off when they continued last year to do the road games from a TV screen using Covid as an excuse.  I think this shows a difference in ownership.

I think they’ve been doing away games from the ballpark for the past 2 years now. I know they definitely were last year. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think they did the road games from Baltimore last year.  

Palmer always does the SoCal series.   I’m a little surprised they brought Ben too, but it’s enjoyable.  

I thought they did in early last year but it could have been 2 years ago.  Time flys when you get older.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That’s the best part about it. I say we should get Roberts in there, make it a 4 man booth and see if that makes it even better. 

I sense if you had your way it would be an 11-man booth with Brach, Dave Johnson, Devereaux, Bordick and whoever else could help minimize KB's mic time.  😀

To be fair, at the end of a recent game against Cleveland that we won 9-5, KB signed off saying that it was a game "enough to drive you crazy if you let it", and it wasn't until a half-hour later I realized he was quoting the Dolly Parton song and I did an involuntary eye roll. 

45 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I sense if you had your way it would be an 11-man booth with Brach, Dave Johnson, Devereaux, Bordick and whoever else could help minimize KB's mic time.  😀

To be fair, at the end of a recent game against Cleveland that we won 9-5, KB signed off saying that it was a game "enough to drive you crazy if you let it", and it wasn't until a half-hour later I realized he was quoting the Dolly Parton song and I did an involuntary eye roll. 

Nah, I just like Roberts.  I also like Dave Johnson, he's got the grumpy "get off my lawn" bit down pretty well.  

And yes, involuntary eye rolls all over the place.  

9 hours ago, Emory Eagle said:

I wouldn’t pass up a trip to LA on the company dime.  

I would volunteer to stay home for all games west of Denver, west of LV once that materializes. 
Im sure the area Roy lives in or Palmer are nice enough however those downtowns are terrible. Although I haven’t been to California since Newsome started cleaning up a couple of months ago.(disclaimer-this is not a political post, just my opinion of the deterioration of these cities over the last 15 years or so).