White Sox Series

Uli2001

1 hour ago, Dunk35 said:

Nastrini is the staring pitcher from EARLY this year when Norfolk scored 26 runs against Charlotte. That Norfolk lineup had Jackson, Norby, HK, Mayo, Stowers as our first 5. 

Wouldnt mind a replay of that game tomorrow. 

Great opportunity for Holliday to continue getting comfortable. Was nice to see both him and Adley get something going today.

8 hours ago, IllinoisOsFan said:

Talk about an embarrassing statistical tie…

IMG_2652.thumb.jpeg.37f334f0372975f4c4a6b42d3069ca48.jpeg

Yeah BUT if you compare their last two games, Big Advantage-Nastrini with potential for upsetting the Os:

Nastrini: 10.1 IP, only 5 hits, 2 ER (both on homers, but yes 6 BBs)--vs. RSox and Rangers.

Povich: 8.1 IP, 18 hits, 10 ER (2 HR, 3 BBs)--vs. Astros and  Dodgers.

On 9/1/2024 at 10:21 PM, Moshagge3 said:

Game 2 Nastrini vs. Povich is the most concerning. In Nastrini's last start he threw six innings of one-run ball against the Rangers. Povich needs to be on his game.  

We’ll see what Povich is all about. He gave up 10 Hits in his last start at the LAD. As a competitor, this is got to be the most fired up he can be. I hope he has his command. 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FYI, Nick Nastrini faced the Norfolk Tides three times this season, and never made it past the third inning.   Season totals: 6.1 IP, 13 R, 11 ER.  

Looking at this guy's minor league numbers, I am struggling to see how he has been able to make it to the majors, even for a team like the Sox. Of course, he is guaranteed to shut us down tonight.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hope the offense does what they did yesterday, they're gonna need it.  Povich should be good against what really is a minor league team in major league uniforms but he's certainly no guarantee.

Povich has had two real good starts this year.  6 IP 0 BB, 0 R, vs. Atlanta and 6.1 IP, 0 BB, 2 R, against Boston.    It’s time for another.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

FYI, Nick Nastrini faced the Norfolk Tides three times this season, and never made it past the third inning.   Season totals: 6.1 IP, 13 R, 11 ER.  

So Coby Mayo has seen him plenty. That makes it all the more confusing he's not starting.

Two games down, one to go. Don’t let up, don't feel sorry for them, don’t take your boot off their necks until they’re on the way out of town. A month ago these same sorry sacks put a 12-spot on the Yankees and they’ll do the same to us if given half a chance. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Tonight was one of the worst pitching performances I’ve ever seen.  I’m glad we treated Nastrini just as rudely as Norfolk did.