Injury updates

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

There is a wide range of Westy being ready. We shall see what happens and no one is right/wrong for speculating. 

Absolutely, but we should cut @gtman55 some slack, give credit where credit is due, and call out BS where we see it no matter what the source.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

Absolutely, but we should cut @gtman55 some slack, give credit where credit is due, and call out BS where we see it no matter what the source.

There are way too many reactionary negative posts/threads this season. Sure the season the last two months have been extremely frustrating. 

The thread  posts here were bad when the Orioles were roaring through the AS break (after every loss). We have seen fire Hyde, fire Elias, drop Santander, designate this that and every other f’n thing, including a CY ace type pitcher who should be skipped in the rotation. 

Insert Westy having good news with the cast coming off, followed by a “he won’t be ready until the playoffs” is not calling out someone. Just stop being negative when there are so many positives happening in health news and a team that is proving to be resilient during the worst case of scenarios. 

if gtman55 thinks Jordan is not healthy until the playoffs, I disagree and hope he is wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Since1984 said:

There are way too many reactionary negative posts/threads this season. Sure the season the last two months have been extremely frustrating. 

The thread  posts here were bad when the Orioles were roaring through the AS break (after every loss). We have seen fire Hyde, fire Elias, drop Santander, designate this that and every other f’n thing, including a CY ace type pitcher who should be skipped in the rotation. 

Insert Westy having good news with the cast coming off, followed by a “he won’t be ready until the playoffs” is not calling out someone. Just stop being negative when there are so many positives happening in health news and a team that is proving to be resilient during the worst case of scenarios. 

if gtman55 thinks Jordan is not healthy until the playoffs, I disagree and hope he is wrong. 

Well said. 

For the record, I think Westburg isn't even going to be playing in the postseason, but what the hell do I know? 😉

28 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

I hope I'm wrong too. Westburg's one of my favorite players. The other element is we don't know how rusty he'll be when he comes back. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

You know what's crazy about this forum? I simply gave an opinion. I thought that's what a forum was for. I said nothing outrageous.

@JagwarI appreciate you seeing that. Thanks.

Yeah, I should not have been snarky like that.  I apologize.  

I do think there’s a substantive point made better by @bpilktree67.  It’s not just who heals faster, it’s the precise nature of the injury, which we really don’t know.  

Sorry for the tone of my earlier post.  It was unnecessary.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

I hope I'm wrong too. Westburg's one of my favorite players. The other element is we don't know how rusty he'll be when he comes back. Time will tell.

Agree that Westy (and Grayson) are on that cusp if they are not playing in the next two+ weeks, especially with their overall MLB experience. Hope this all plays out for the better!

33 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I know Elias says the mountain isn’t pitching this year but it sure would be nice to get both of these guys back for the playoffs.

I know different injuries but if you had no idea what injuries they both had and how long they were out and asked someone who looks closer to ready to pitch in a game I am sure everyone would pick Bautista.  I don't know if that is good for Bautista or bad for Grod.  

36 minutes ago, kaj21206 said:

Would it make sense to have GRod close when healthy?  Playoff rotation of Burnes, Eflin, and Suarez.  

That’s a tough time to learn how to gear up for a one-inning relief appearance, so I’d say no.   

• Upvote 2