GM Mistakes Elias/Cashman

HowAboutThat

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well I never said that you said that you wanted to fire Elias.

You're correct, we don't draft high anymore, we're not high on the waiver wire list.  I think we'll be looking at the pitching talent in the system differently than a year from now, but that's just me.

But I still don't understand what you're talking about when you're talking about "the way he acquires assets" despite these changes.  Is he supposed to analyze talent differently in the draft?  Is he supposed to trade different?  

I still don't know what you mean here.  Yes, I'm aware that we don't draft as high as we used to, we're not in the same spot on the waiver wire...but to think that he doesn't understand this or doesn't have ideas on how to...well, keep essentially doing his job and doing it well seems a bit odd.

What I mean is that because he can’t utilize the draft or the waiver wire as he has in the past he has to be willing to change his “draft position players” philosophy because that hasn’t been enough.
 I took your bait before. But I’ve made my point multiple times and I hate just repeating myself. 
so I’m done here. No white flags, just don’t wanna keep saying the same thing.

2 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

What I mean is that because he can’t utilize the draft or the waiver wire as he has in the past he has to be willing to change his “draft position players” philosophy because that hasn’t been enough.
 I took your bait before. But I’ve made my point multiple times and I hate just repeating myself. 

He drafted tons of pitchers in 2023. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

What are you talking about? What bait?

He drafted a bunch of pitchers this year. There are way more ways to get pitching into the organization than the waiver wire and the draft. Do you think he doesn’t understand this?

• Upvote 1