The Athletic article on improved relationship with Ravens and Os

Sports Guy

The part that really struck me was this quote: 

Before a recent draft, Elias encountered a situation that was unusual for a baseball GM but

that football GMs deal with more regularly (neither side was willing to provide the details).

Seeking counsel, he called DeCosta. The roles have been reversed, too.

2 hours ago, cravens86 said:

Before a recent draft, Elias encountered a situation that was unusual for a baseball GM but

that football GMs deal with more regularly (neither side was willing to provide the details).

Well the Orioles helped with the Ravens’ 2022 draft and it hasn’t been amazing.  Not bad, but not amazing. 

2 hours ago, cravens86 said:

I wonder if this was the trading of a draft pick, and valuing that pick appropriately?  That's a pretty recent thing in MLB and is obviously very prominent in the NFL.  Pick was included in the Burnes trade, if I recall correctly.

35 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I wonder if this was the trading of a draft pick, and valuing that pick appropriately?  That's a pretty recent thing in MLB and is obviously very prominent in the NFL.  Pick was included in the Burnes trade, if I recall correctly.

Good shout. This could definitely be it since it is so atypical in baseball. 

2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Well the Orioles helped with the Ravens’ 2022 draft and it hasn’t been amazing.  Not bad, but not amazing. 

Huh?  Linderbaum is the best C in football. Hamilton is the best safety. Ojabo has to stay healthy but the upside is there and looks good early.  Jones has been a good rotational player who is now a starter playing at a high level.

Likely is really good and could be the future starter.  

Some other decent rotational pieces as well. That’s an excellent draft.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Huh?  Linderbaum is the best C in football. Hamilton is the best safety. Ojabo has to stay healthy but the upside is there and looks good early.  Jones has been a good rotational player who is now a starter playing at a high level.

Likely is really good and could be the future starter.  

Some other decent rotational pieces as well. That’s an excellent draft.

Don’t waste your time. The only group more delusional than Orioles fans is Ravens fans.

• Upvote 2