Just curious

Baseball fandom

With the season coming to an end I be interested in hearing who you guys had in the world series before the season started and who do you have now? Myself it pains me to say I had the Yankees and Dodgers before the season started and obviously I've seen nothing to change that. I also had the Orioles at 88 wins and a WC and that's also looking pretty good. I also be interested in hearing where you guys had the Orioles at as well. 

I was expecting them to make the ALCS, but I was unsure of who the opponent would be.

I was expecting the Rays to be second in the division and the BoSox and Yanks to be in the rear.

Narrator: “The Bosox and Yanks were not in the rear.”

I was expecting between 97-100 wins and a division crown, and would have been unhappy with fewer, so I’m pretty disgusted now, as they struggle to reach 90.

They are playing like the stumblebums of 2018-2021. Holliday is channeling his inner Pat Valiaka….and we went out and got Eloy on purpose…

Not good…

Oh well…

Vorvart!

40 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I was expecting them to make the ALCS, but I was unsure of who the opponent would be.

I was expecting the Rays to be second in the division and the BoSox and Yanks to be in the rear.

Narrator: “The Bosox and Yanks were not in the rear.”

The Bosox are now in 4th place.

I thought we would repeat 100+. We brought back basically the same team minus Bradish/Bautista, plus Burnes and Kimbrel, with Holliday and Mayo providing upside. Unfortunately the last three have been much worse than expected and we have had a ton of injuries. I thought we had a shot at the division but I didn't think it was a lock.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fewer than 3% of our posters thought the O’s would win under 90 games this year.  They can still win 90, but it will take a 4-3 finish or better to do it.  

Very interesting to read through this. Full of optimism…those were good times.

Turns out I voted 91-94. Such pessimism…grrr…and even that was too little.

Several of the posters should run out and buy lottery tickets because they are definitely prescient.

On July 1, 4 teams were on a pace to win 100 or more games, and the Dodgers were on pace to win 99.  Likely, none will end up with more than 96-97 wins.  

In addition, the Orioles have been decimated with injuries, having to replace with rookies and players off the street.

I understand why posters are disappointed.  But look at Atlanta, who may not make the playoffs.  Tampa and Texas are out.  San Diego and Arizona look like they are in, but you think their fans are happy with their performances?

Here, there are fans that want nothing short of tar and feathering an “incompetent” Hyde and an “arrogant” Elias with little consideration of outside factors.  Somehow, we must be immune to struggling to overcome injuries and what’s happening across the league while ignoring that we are the #1 wildcard seed and getting back key players whose loss contributed to our uneven play - if you believe in those wild and crazy conspiracies.