Sept 22 vs Tigers — last home game of the season

ShoelesJoe

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Do we need to rest the bullpen or not? If we don't need to rest the bullpen then who cares about removing Akin. 

It's a long game. Albert threw 80 pitches, a reasonable number to complete 5. 

I dunno, feels like you are looking for things to complain about. 

You stay with the hot hand. Suarez was bad, you don’t let him see a 3rd time through the lineup. Akin was pitching efficiently and effectively, give him some extra time.

The point is: you’ve got a decently rested bullpen with no game tomorrow, you don’t need to ride an awful Suarez. It’s the domino effect.

• Upvote 1

It's still Groundhog Day. 0 for 8 with RISP -- and down by one run.

Do these guys know that a base hit would tie up the game? Stubbornness? Stupidity? Or am I wrong that Santander and Cowser, with the tying run on second, went up there trying to launch HRs?

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Do these guys know that a base hit would tie up the game? Stubbornness? Stupidity? Or am I wrong that Santander and Cowser, with the tying run on second, went up there trying to launch HRs?

It’s because this team Is fundamentally inept. That’s all they want to do. Santander, Mullins yesterday. Santander again today. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Your wrong players almost never try to hit homers.  You try to hit the ball hard somewhere.  

48 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I'm hoping the games aren't meaningful any more the next time he comes up in the rotation, and that we go with a 3 man rotation in the playoffs.  

You would prefer Kremer or Povich to Suarez in the playoffs?