How "fired up" are you with this Yankee series?

Roy Firestone

It’s O’s and Yanks. Good guys versus bad guys. Baby Birds up against the Evil Empire — and another trip to the post-season is in the cards.

I’ve been cheering for the O’s and very specifically against the Yanks going on six decades, and I’m getting good at it.

So, yeah. I’m fired up.

Now ask me about hopes and dreams.

I don’t think this Orioles team is going to make a run to WS this year. 

They have scuffled, they have failed — but I’m reminded, even in the platinum age of data — baseball is still a game of failure. 

And man, runners in scoring position over the last week, I’m not sure I want to know that number.

They’re still my guys.

As long as they’re in it, so am I.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see if there is any carry over from the HBP's culminating in Heston's beaning.  Hate to say it but that's around when the .500 play started, now much worse.  I did like the way HK stared down Holmes after being hit-I think this series will mean a little more to him.

I've been fired up every day since my divorce hearing on 11/12/19. The third best day of my life.

In all seriousness, life is good. Remember the 15 straight losing seasons?

They're not perfect, but today is a new day and yesterday doesn't matter. Westburg, Urias, et. al. have returned, our BP is stronger and we have our best 3 SP set to go this series. We're 6-4 versus them this year, including taking 2/3 last time we were in NY.

Pick your heads up a little bit.

Will they win the WS? No, I don't think so. But guess what??! They've got a chance!

I was at the game Sunday, and I'll be tuned in to every inning of the last 6 games.

LFG.

Edited by CP0861
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

These final 6 games are like 2 playoff series with a safety net. I want to see them play playoff style baseball starting tonight for however many games they have left in them this year. The time is now to start playing like it's October, not a week from now. Time to lock it up.

I'm fired up for baseball.

Skubal and Pepiot an afternoon treat, one of the 0-0 games where tension keeps building as some of the best showcase their talent.    Ump show blows a 3-2 call to break Pepiot's rhythm, and the Tigers break through.

Tonight is the biggest MLB* game of Shohei Ohtani's and Tanner Scott's careers, and they only grow from here.

*see what I did for you there, Shohei

The Orioles have a world of talent and are in the game.

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

It's a foregone conclusion that they will blow a 4 game lead in the span of 6 games? 

6 games left, they haven’t won more than one game in a series since the beginning of the month (against the White Sox for context). I see no reason to think they’ll do any better than 2-4 for remainder of the season. 

Plus, i said it “feels” like. It’s an emotional response, not an analytical one. I’m going off the premise that they’ve been an absolute mess for quite a while and a playoff spot seems like a weird place to be for a team that’s played .400 ball since the All Star Break.  They could sweep the rest of the season, who knows? Just saying it feels bleak. 

7 minutes ago, oriole said:

6 games left, they haven’t won more than one game in a series since the beginning of the month (against the White Sox for context). I see no reason to think they’ll do any better than 2-4 for remainder of the season. 

Plus, i said it “feels” like. It’s an emotional response, not an analytical one. I’m going off the premise that they’ve been an absolute mess for quite a while and a playoff spot seems like a weird place to be for a team that’s played .400 ball since the All Star Break.  They could sweep the rest of the season, who knows? Just saying it feels bleak. 

I’d be shocked if the O’s do better than 2-4, and I’m half expecting them to go 1-5.