Cowser BOMB in the 8th - biggest HR of the season

KojiSplit

19 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wonder what WB Mason pays for them to use that jingle. It's actually the PC Richard's and Son jingle. Still wonder if they get paid to use it.

Hi Malike-it's great to have you back!!  

As an Orioles fan I'm not sure I find anything so parochial like that so annoying but I do have to admit it is a brilliant marketing tactic-classic transference of a positive emotion (a K) to a brand. 

They do pay but it's likely part of larger sponsorship agreement (signage, event branding, suites, tickets)-and what PC Richard pays directly may be less than you think.  Retailers can sometimes leverage their vendors (electronics and white goods manufacturer's) local or national funds-the Yankees provide almost national exposure.  

It's not just the population exposure that the NY market provides-it's also the amount of consumer product companies chiefly and other larger companies with HQ/presence there.  The Yankees like it/or not offer unique exposure and entertainment opportunities other market's can't provide.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SemperFi said:

Hi Malike-it's great to have you back!!  

As an Orioles fan I'm not sure I find anything so parochial like that so annoying but I do have to admit it is a brilliant marketing tactic-classic transference of a positive emotion (a K) to a brand. 

They do pay but it's likely part of larger sponsorship agreement (signage, event branding, suites, tickets)-and what PC Richard pays directly may be less than you think.  Retailers can sometimes leverage their vendors (electronics and white goods manufacturer's) local or national funds-the Yankees provide almost national exposure.  

It's not just the population exposure that the NY market provides-it's also the amount of consumer product companies chiefly and other larger companies with HQ/presence there.  The Yankees like it/or not offer unique exposure and entertainment opportunities other market's can't provide.  

Thanks, and I agree it's a great strategy for PC Richards and Son. They are a pretty large electronics company in the Long Island area.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

You know what I hate?  That whistling noise they play at Yankee Stadium whenever an opposing batter strikes out.  

I hate pretty much everything about games at Yankee stadium. The whistling after a K. The crowd overreaction to every can of corn like it’s a 440 ft home run. The Yankee roll call is probably the lamest thing in sports.