Can the O's hit Lugo and Wacha?

wildcard

Call me a homer but our lineup is much better against RHP. The good news is, the KC offense looked bad as well. It's not like we lost 7-1 and everyone was raking for them.

Eflin was a stud for us. We won't be held to just a couple of runs today. 

At 2 x 16 and 3 x 15 contracts, they feel symbolic of the kind of FA pitchers Elias maybe could baby step to if he accepts a little more risk and isn't content with the 8 guys down to Brandon Young he already has.

That caliber of free agent pitcher isn't going to be on our team today though.

Lugo had a career year, but tapered off in the second half.   He was almost to 5.00 ERA in July/August, but finished nearly as strong as Burnes the AL Pitcher of the Month.    He has a very broad repertoire, but anecdotally we've done pretty well against Chris Bassitt, another craftsman with a bunch of tools.

1 hour ago, mddisney said:

we better, no team has lost the first game and won these three game series in this format.  I have faith.  Go O's!

That’s not true, right? I’m pretty sure they said that the game 1 winner has won 14 of 16 series. So not likely, but also it’s been done.

1 minute ago, Jskins2190 said:

That’s not true, right? I’m pretty sure they said that the game 1 winner has won 14 of 16 series. So not likely, but also it’s been done.

Considering 3 of four teams lost at home yesterday it’s a stat likely to be broke this year by a team or two. I file the stat under SSS. It’s nice but not something indicative of what true possibilities are. And I think people forget how hot Ragan was in September to close the season pitching to a 1.08 era

3 minutes ago, Jskins2190 said:

Yes. If you include the 2020 playoffs. 

SD lost game 1 to STL and won. OAK lost game 1 to CWS and won.