12 Questions for the Offseason

Warehouse

37 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The number 1 offensive addition needs to be a RH OF. Kjerstad, Mullins and Cowser all LH. It would be nice if Mayo could play an O’Hearn level OF just to spell guys now and then. Not sure how much they want to put on his plate coming off his offensive issues. Sounds like they are committed to him being a 1B. 

If Mayo is on roster you can’t keep both Urias and Mateo unless you move someone. 

Bench could be 

Backup C?

RH OF ?

Mateo

Mayo/ Urias 

Now if they trade someone like Mountcastle or don’t bring back O’Hearn that opens a spot like I said. 

Hyde seems to love Ben Zobrist.   I wonder if the O's might have Westburg add LF to his  2B/3B/SS positions.   Then he could play left field vs left-handed pitching.   He has the speed to play the outfield.   Just a thought.

Edited by wildcard

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hyde seems to love Ben Zobrist.   I wonder if the O's might have Westburg add LF to his  2B/3B/SS positions.   Then he could play left field vs left-handed pitching.   He has the speed to play the outfield.   Just a thought.

I’m guessing no. Too good this young. I do think they could use Mateo in a role like that - I know his bat isn’t good. 

I do wonder if they would want Mateo and/or Mayo to get legit reps in the OF in the spring. Could use them as your “5th” OF. O’Hearn as your 5/6 OF as well. 

I thought the Zobrist comment was telling. He talked about the impact he had on their young hitters with RISP. Sounds like he wouldn’t mind adding a veteran bat in the lineup. The FA market for RH OF bats is basically T Hernandez bad T O’Neill 

Guys like Goldschmidt and Justin Turner would be veteran bats with a ton of experience. They are also limited to 1B/DH. Turner could play 3B in an emergency. If they were to deal Mountcastle which I’m not predicting I don’t think they just hand Mayo the job. I bet they add a veteran for insurance.