Co-hitting coach Ryan Fuller, Fredi Gonzalez and Jose Hernandez let go

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Britton would surprise me. Again, I don’t really care about the bench coach but I don’t think you usually see a bench coach with no ML experience.

I think the new hire is going to be more experienced than Gonzalez and perhaps more experience at winning in the playoffs.

Jack McKeon is only 93!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Something of this nature was bound to happen after a disappointing second-half of the regular season and pooping their pants in the postseason.  I must say I'm a little surprised by the apparent dismissal (?) of Fredi Gonzalez.  Gonna be very interesting as to whom they name as the new bench coach.  Please allow me to me to digress and make a mountain out of this molehill.  This new ownership group I truly believe means "bizness".  I'm not saying these firings (?) were a directive from ownership, but I am saying Mike Elias' "sphincter factor" is very high heading into 2025.  Just my opinion...

1 hour ago, gamiliel said:

Several times he instinctively exclaimed in the dugout "what the hell are you doing" when Hyde made some of his pitching changes. 

Did you hear him say that yourself?  If so, was it audible on the TV broadcast or were you reading lips and that’s what it looked like he said?  You can’t make that claim without having actual proof to support it.  

Hopefully @gamilielcan elaborate, but if Fredi was an old school guy it might have been a natural reaction to Hyde often implementing SIGBOT's suggestions.

I thought the Orioles did a good job in their very short stay managing the pitchers, understanding stuff like...

Tier 1 = Corbin Burnes

Tier 2 = fresh, somewhat talented pitchers from your arm barn

Tier 3 = Zach Eflin

If the team is having any kind of crisis of confidence in its strategies, they might value all the staff staying on brand in comportment, even if they disagree.

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Getting rid of one half of the siamese twin hitting coach is odd, but whatever.  

I don't get letting Fredi go.  Not that I was a huge fan of his or anything but he seems well respected throughout baseball.  

Maybe Fredi beefed with the Sigbot lineups or no manufacturing runs?  Seems like an old school guy would. 

38 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

During the radio broadcasts this season they mentioned multiple times Fredi González was looking and hoping to be a manager again.

Maybe the O’s are simply allowing him to look for that opportunity.

I’m sure more updates will come during the offseason.

The most likely answer.