Patrick Schuster- Mr. No-No

What the scoop on the no-hit kid Patrick Schuster down in Florida. BA had at no. 79 in the preseason rankings. His numbers are incredible.

Schuster’s season numbers are almost Nintendo-like. He’s now thrown 55 innings, struck out 110, walked 24, allowed nine hits and is sitting pretty with a 8-0, 0.64 record. The most recent no-no gave him five on the season. The first was in the season opener.

Opponents are hitting .054 off of Schuster

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=666

What the scoop on the no-hit kid Patrick Schuster down in Florida. BA had at no. 79 in the preseason rankings. His numbers are incredible.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=666

Haven't been able to find good video of him, just news bite video . . . which is troublesome. He was considered a 3-6 rd guy is he was signable and a teens guy if his commitment to the Gators was viewed as ironclad. I imagine he would listen to money. Thing is with the no hitters, scouts are paying heavy attention to him on a hot streak and his value will rise . . . maybe more than it should. From the little I can see . . . his arm action needs a good deal of cleaning up.

Check out this article at PGCrosscheckers for more of a scouting report on Schuster.

It looks like PG posted some video, too. I don't know how good it is, though. I can't view it here at work.

EDIT: Oh boy, that was my 500th post! I guess now I have to decide whether or not to become a plus member or not.

Check out this article at PGCrosscheckers for more of a scouting report on Schuster.

It looks like PG posted some video, too. I don't know how good it is, though. I can't view it here at work.

EDIT: Oh boy, that was my 500th post! I guess now I have to decide whether or not to become a plus member or not.

Spend the money! Help that cause! Besides it really not that much cash;)

Terrible mechanics.

Mediocre competition.

High injury risk.

Solid committment to college.

No previous high schooler with 3 consecutive no-hitters ever amounted to anything. Sure, he was BA # 78 high schooler coming into this year, but I wouldn't spend higher than a 4th round pick.

Terrible mechanics.

Mediocre competition.

High injury risk.

Solid committment to college.

No previous high schooler with 3 consecutive no-hitters ever amounted to anything. Sure, he was BA # 78 high schooler coming into this year, but I wouldn't spend higher than a 4th round pick.

This is hilarious. What does that prove?

From the little I can see . . . his arm action needs a good deal of cleaning up.

Terrible mechanics.

High injury risk.

Wow...I'm no expert on mechanics, but this kid looks like an injury waiting to happen.

Oh yeah. Major hyperabduction and timing problems. This guy probably won't last as a starter.

Edit: Here is an image pulled from the video in the link. This shows major hyperabduction and timing issues at the point of landing.

badmechanics.jpg?t=1240534114

Archived