Rich Hill 5/10 Rehab Start

VeveJones007

We might just see him Baltimore in 5 days. Have to think Walker is the casualty of Hill's return.

Walker? I'm surprised to hear this. I don't seem them eating that money when he's performing relatively well and they could just as easily send down McCory and put Hendrickson in the role he was signed for.

Walker? I'm surprised to hear this. I don't seem them eating that money when he's performing relatively well and they could just as easily send down McCory and put Hendrickson in the role he was signed for.
I think the order of guys leaving the pitching staff goes...

Hendrickson to bullpen, McCrory Optioned, Eaton Released, then maybe maybe Walker.

I was only thinking of getting rid of Walker because Trembley is barely using him and he is a waste in our bullpen. But he could probably get something of value and we could try to save some money. I also dont see the Orioles eating another contract so quickly.

I forgot about the option of optioning McCrory and moving Hendrickson to the bullpen. I guess that is the most likely option, but I would really prefer to see Eaton released and leave Hendrickson in the rotation to see if he could build off of his last start. I would also prefer to see McCrory stay in the majors and see if he can build off some of his recent success. He hasn't looked too bad this season. I got to see him in person on Friday night and his heat is for real.

I guess we will see what happens when Hendrickson goes again. That might determine who gets bumped from the rotation.

I was only thinking of getting rid of Walker because Trembley is barely using him and he is a waste in our bullpen. But he could probably get something of value and we could try to save some money. I also dont see the Orioles eating another contract so quickly.

I forgot about the option of optioning McCrory and moving Hendrickson to the bullpen. I guess that is the most likely option, but I would really prefer to see Eaton released and leave Hendrickson in the rotation to see if he could build off of his last start. I would also prefer to see McCrory stay in the majors and see if he can build off some of his recent success. He hasn't looked too bad this season. I got to see him in person on Friday night and his heat is for real.

I guess we will see what happens when Hendrickson goes again. That might determine who gets bumped from the rotation.

I would prefer to see what you suggest happen. I'd be very surprised to see it though unfortunately.

Regardless of how he does once he's recalled, I'm already wrong about Hill.

I was extremely doubtful that he could have a bb rate below about 6. If his minor league starts are any indication, he may still have a game here or there where he's wild, but he should be able to command his stuff enough to upgrade our staff.

AM will get huge kudos for this acquisition at the end of this season.

Regardless of how he does once he's recalled, I'm already wrong about Hill.

I was extremely doubtful that he could have a bb rate below about 6. If his minor league starts are any indication, he may still have a game here or there where he's wild, but he should be able to command his stuff enough to upgrade our staff.

AM will get huge kudos for this acquisition at the end of this season.

It would be nice. If Guthrie can stabilize and Uehara manages to stay close to as effective as he has been so far, Hill would give us a rather decent top of the rotation. Bergeson has been a very solid #4/5 guy thus far.

Will it be bye-bye to Eaton, with Hendrickson remaining in the rotation for the time being, or will it be another move. Are they really ready to get rid of Walker? Can/will McPhail try to work some kind of trade involving Walker, similar to what he just worked with Freel. Any chance the O's let Bass go at this juncture?

Knowing Trembley, I'm sure he loves using Walker for the matchups against LHP's. Coupled with the fact that he makes about 4M, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless he becomes completely awful, which he hasn't. Bass has looked very good after a horrible start. He isn't going anywhere either, IMO. The next guys in line, IMO, would be McCrory or possibly even Chris Ray, whom Trembley has been more reluctant to use in crucial situations lately, or so it seems to me. I still don't think Ray is 100% back with his velocity and movement on his fastball and he does have options remaining. It wouldn't be a shock to give him some time to regroup and get stronger in the minors.

Forgot about McCrory. If the O's aren't dumping Eaton, McCrory will almost definitely be the one who is sent down. Although, he may be ready and able to help the bullpen. I also don't think that Bass will be the one and, like you say, he's been pretty solid since his first few appearances.

If the O's are okay with running Hendrickson out there for several more starts then Eaton should be the one to go. But, if the O's feel that Hendrickson needs to be back in the pen, then Eaton we must endure for a bit longer.

When Hill and Patton enter the rotation, this year's team will be fun to watch.

Yes it will. If we were able to have Hill, Patton, Bergy along with Guts and Uehara all year long, we would be amongst the top of the AL east right now....IMO..... I dunno, it may be scary to think guys, but we are pretty close to being a play off team. We have been saying all year that we have play off caliber offense, and all we needed was the pitching. Well, we now will have the pitching, if everyone performs how they are supposed to, we can be pretty good......I think we may actually end up a tick over .500 this year....Bold statement for yall!

Archived