5/16 - O's at Royals: Hill's Debut

weams

I bet Moeller would like that pitch call back. A change up or fastball away was a much better call. A 1-2 curveball to a righty who was probably looking breaking ball is not a good call.

Yea he was clearly looking for that ball.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A very good defensive player just missed a play to get us a run. I've been super impressed by Callaspo thus far, but he'd like that back. I still think there is no way that is an error though. Awful call by the official scorer.

Agreed..tough play, no way that was an error.

A very good defensive player just missed a play to get us a run. I've been super impressed by Callaspo thus far, but he'd like that back. I still think there is no way that is an error though. Awful call by the official scorer.

How? The runner advanced from 3rd to home by his miscue. No excuse not to knock that one down.

Luis Hernandez.

I bet Moeller would like that pitch call back. A change up or fastball away was a much better call. A 1-2 curveball to a righty who was probably looking breaking ball is not a good call.

It's so true. You make your own luck, and you don't rely on luck if you're winning. Ball shouldn't have been hit down the line to have to hope it goes foul. Whether it was the wrong pitch called or bad execution of the pitch called, there was no luck involved.

IMHO. :D

This is the first time I've seen Hill on TV... is it just me, or does his motion make his whole body look somehow out of synch (or un-fluid, or something)?

Looks like Pie likes going back on balls...

Archived