O's Getting Serious About Sano?

Lucky Jim

You and me both. After this whole T-Bag debacle I just feel like they have no interest in taking big money risks.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Uh, the offer they made represented a huge risk, and was probably unwise. It didn't work out, but I don't see how that demonstrates no interest.

And if that wasn't big money, then $4-6MM must really be chump change.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do his parents speak English? If he doesn't speak English how are you going to deal with this when he comes to the States? It's apparent his parents will have to come with him to the US because of his age. Are you prepared to provide him with English language instruction or is this going to be part of his contract with the ML team being required to provide language help for him. He will adjust much better if he can communicate with his coaches and fans. I think you already answered this question but I forget your answer. As far as you know...who from the Orioles has scouted him and seen him play in person. I hope he gives the Orioles serious consideration and realizes the opportunity he could have to play in Baltimore sooner than some of the other cities that are bidding for him. If the money is close hopefully this will be considered. There will be a lot less pressure playing in Baltimore than in Boston or NY.

Do his parents speak English? If he doesn't speak English how are you going to deal with this when he comes to the States? It's apparent his parents will have to come with him to the US because of his age. Are you prepared to provide him with English language instruction or is this going to be part of his contract with the ML team being required to provide language help for him. He will adjust much better if he can communicate with his coaches and fans. I think you already answered this question but I forget your answer. As far as you know...who from the Orioles has scouted him and seen him play in person. I hope he gives the Orioles serious consideration and realizes the opportunity he could have to play in Baltimore sooner than some of the other cities that are bidding for him. If the money is close hopefully this will be considered. There will be a lot less pressure playing in Baltimore than in Boston or NY.

I speak to him in Spanish. Also his parents do not speak english.

IIRC the last great Dominican SS prospect that actually signed was Carlos Triunfel and he's has been compared to Miguel Tejada only with more power potential.

And the next one after that was Edward Salcedo, who suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth before signing after his age was called into question. He was compared to a young A-Rod. Smart move on the bone scan to prove Sano's age BTW.

My question is how does Sano compare to Triunfel and Salcedo? Is he better in all aspects?

IIRC the last great Dominican SS prospect that actually signed was Carlos Triunfel and he's has been compared to Miguel Tejada.

And the next one after that was Edward Salcedo, who suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth before signing after his age was called into question. Smart move on the bone scan to prove Sano's age BTW.

My question is how does Sano compare to Triunfel and Salcedo? Is he better in all aspects?

I would rather not comment on two Boras clients

No prob, just thought I'd ask. Thanks for answering some questions on here.

Inking Sano would be a real boost and a watershed moment for this franchise just like it was when the Orioles signed Koji Uehara.

This franchise needs to improve its investments in international talent, and that includes taking some risks and going after the premium amateur talent.

Here's one you might be able to answer. Does Sano know anything about the Orioles or specifically Cal Ripken?

A real question I do have is who in the MLB does he look up to? Is there a favorite player of his?

I hope the O's sign him and he gets to share the many championships this team will win with all of its young talent. :)

A real question I do have is who in the MLB does he look up to? Is there a favorite player of his?

I hope the O's sign him and he gets to share the many championships this team will win with all of its young talent. :)

His favorite player is Hanley Ramirez and he has even spoken to him on the phone. Hanley gave him a glove that he is currently using as well.

To answer the previous question about Cal Ripken - I have no idea if he knows anything about Cal Ripken, but I would assume he does. I actually have a client for 2012 that played in the Cal's little league tourney in Aberdeen last year and had his picture taken with Cal.

His favorite player is Hanley Ramirez and he has even spoken to him on the phone. Hanley gave him a glove that he is currently using as well.

To answer the previous question about Cal Ripken - I have no idea if he knows anything about Cal Ripken, but I would assume he does. I actually have a client for 2012 that played in the Cal's little league tourney in Aberdeen last year and had his picture taken with Cal.

Mr. Plummer, I sent you a PM, if you wouldn't mind giving it a quick read that would be greatly appreciated!

He would look really good batting 3rd in this lineup

Roberts-2b

Markakis-rF

Sano-3b

Jones-cf

Wieters-c

Reimold-lf

Scott-dh

Snyder-1b

Andino-ss

Rotation:

Matuz

Tillman

Arieta

Hobgood

Bergesen

That is a stacked team..

Roberts-2b

Markakis-rF

Sano-3b

Jones-cf

Wieters-c

Reimold-lf

Scott-dh

Snyder-1b

Andino-ss

Even if we do sign him, the odds of Roberts and Sano playing on the same team are slim. The odds of Scott and Sano playing together are probably even slimmer. Really, even making line-ups of what our team is going to look like with Sano doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Roberts-2b

Markakis-rF

Sano-3b

Jones-cf

Wieters-c

Reimold-lf

Scott-dh

Snyder-1b

Andino-ss

Rotation:

Matuz

Tillman

Arieta

Hobgood

Bergesen

That is a stacked team..

I'm not so sure the orioles will have all those guys still.

Archived