Milledge-Morgan deal goes down

sakata_catching

I dont think that thats too bad of a deal....I wouldnt mind having Milledge, Sean Burnett for him straight up would be fairly even though Id rather have Burnett, and Hanrahan for Morgan is pretty even as well, slight edge goes to WAS because the players they got are slightly better, but its not a wash and Milledge could turn out to be pretty good....

After looking at the other two players, I've changed my opinion of this trade.

It's even a bigger steal for the Pirates than I thought.

Word. Gaudy defensive metrics aside, NyjMo is nothing more than Gary Pettis redux (and a 29 year old rookie, to boot), and Burnett has pretty much hit his peak as a LOOGY. A big win for the Pirates.

Still, the trade is being treated fairly coolly here. Morgan was a fan favorite, and Milledge is being painted as some unholy marriage of Tupac, Pacman Jones and Atilla the Hun (it would seem some have confused Milledge with Elijah Dukes). This in a town where Santonio Holmes and James Harrison can do no wrong.

Word. Gaudy defensive metrics aside, NyjMo is nothing more than Gary Pettis redux (and a 29 year old rookie, to boot), and Burnett has pretty much hit his peak as a LOOGY. A big win for the Pirates.

Still, the trade is being treated fairly coolly here. Morgan was a fan favorite, and Milledge is being painted as some unholy marriage of Tupac, Pacman Jones and Atilla the Hun (it would seem some have confused Milledge with Elijah Dukes). This in a town where Santonio Holmes and James Harrison can do no wrong.

Yeah, Milledge gets a bad rap all over for seemingly no reason.

He needed to get out of Washington, the Nats pretty much set him up to fail.

Archived