Tillman starting the Futures Game

charliec107

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz's pitching looked excellent. Does he need to work on holding runners or was this not the norm?

I wasn't too thrilled how he gave up on that bunt. Both he and Tillman need to field their positions better from that showing. But both are tall lanky guys so that will always be a challenge.

Matusz apparently hit 95 on the gun which is very nice to hear. His secondary pitches are so good that even when hes pumping in mid 90 fastballs, they get overlooked as average....

I would love to see what Pitch FX data said on Matusz, Lucky Jim, what site do you go to to see that info?

I wasn't too thrilled how he gave up on that bunt. Both he and Tillman need to field their positions better from that showing. But both are tall lanky guys so that will always be a challenge.

Hmmm, you don't think the wet field may have had something to do with his being cautious now, do ya? No, it's easier to say things like "he needs to get his pitches down" or he can't field his position based off an inning in an exhibition game after a long rain delay and on a wet field.

Archived