This is Progress

helloharv

It can happen, and hopefully the F.O see’s it. Andy Macphail has been talking about this for a couple years, and i think 2009 should be the testing year if we cant get back on track. Then you will see major, big results in 2010. And even bigger results in 2011. Its bound to happen, and i say right now is the time.

Isn't this exactly what we (other then you) have been saying. 2010 is the START of being competitive, not the end. This last sentence is the definition of preaching the patience needed in 2008 and 2009. Maybe I'm missing something?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It can happen, and hopefully the F.O see’s it. Andy Macphail has been talking about this for a couple years, and i think 2009 should be the testing year if we cant get back on track. Then you will see major, big results in 2010. And even bigger results in 2011. Its bound to happen, and i say right now is the time.

Since you are quoting yourself and you obviously didn't read it the first time:

Nothing there either, even if that last paragraph is your evidence since it doesn't say anything about what MacPhail said or even thinks.

Isn't this exactly what we (other then you) have been saying. 2010 is the START of being competitive, not the end. This last sentence is the definition of preaching the patience needed in 2008 and 2009. Maybe I'm missing something?

He was quoting th article, despite it not making his point.

I don't know if I have the strength to do this all again, however, the "arms" are not even here yet, and as AM and most GM say, you don't add the bats (the last step) before you are ready to compete. I would think when the rest of the team is in place, you will see the O's add the bat they need (if they still need it).

Yeah I know, which is why I said I must have missed the memo that says the arms have finished growing.

You listed 4 players... And I agree with your post... don't get me wrong... We are missing another 20 players on the roster.

Ok. Brian Roberts. Nick Markakis. Chris Tillman. Jake Arrietta. Brian Matusz. Luke Scott. George Scherril. J. Johnson. Albers. Berken. Uehara. There is 11 players that can be great pieces towards winning a ton of baseball games. That leaves a 1b, 3b, ss, and bullpen. We have a bullpen IMO but im not listing them all at this hour.

Why must the pitching side of the equation be the first to be "fixed?" I think we should buy the bats when available. The free agent market may not always have what you need.

I didn't make that decision. MacPhail didn't make that decision. Flanagan made that decision. My guess is that MacPhail saw that the development of young pitching was the area that was in the least bad shape, and decided to play to whatever limited strengths this franchise had.

I'm calling out BTerp.

SoxHotCorner has said repeatedly he wants to see progress, you are ignoring him, and saying he wants "right now". Stop drawing lines in the sand and read what he is saying!

All I want to see is progress too. I am seeing none as a team. Sorry I am not going to find serenity in a good Adam Jones AB when the Orioles are losing their 8th game out of 10.

That is so 2006. Show me wins and losses. Show me progress as a frickin' team. Show me a team that can play a full 162 game of competitive baseball.

I'm calling out BTerp.

SoxHotCorner has said repeatedly he wants to see progress, you are ignoring him, and saying he wants "right now". Stop drawing lines in the sand and read what he is saying!

All I want to see is progress too. I am seeing none as a team. Sorry I am not going to find serenity in a good Adam Jones AB when the Orioles are losing their 8th game out of 10.

That is so 2006. Show me wins and losses. Show me progress as a frickin' team. Show me a team that can play a full 162 game of competitive baseball.

Thank god someone finally understood WTF I was talking about!!!:wedge:

I'm calling out BTerp.

How much of your frustration do you put on the management/coaching?

Exactly how many people predicted we would be improving our record this year? I know I didn't.

I also know that the record is completely and utterly meaningless.

1. Scouting & Drafting: Improved.

2. International presence: Improved.

3. Minor league talent and depth: Improved.

4. Marketing & Promotion: Improved.

5. Young players: Talented and signed long-term or under control long term.

6. Baltimore: Back on the jerseys.

7. MASN: Improving every year.

8. New Spring Training Facility: Check.

9. Andy MacPhail: Given full reign of baseball operations.

10. Young pitching: Much better than we've seen of other past young pitchers. Some of the best pitching prospects in the big leagues coming up through the system, unrushed, and having mostly success.

11. Video system for the players: Upgraded.

12. Minor league teaching methods: Unified.

Losing to Bruce Chen and the Royals and starting a whiny thread about it means that you do not understand just how much this entire organization has improved in two short years. Plenty to be happy about.

Thank you, you hit the nail on the head. Nice post

Archived