8/18 - O's at Rays - Game 1

The Rick

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is like a car wreck. I can't look bear to look, and yet, I can't help myself. Unfortunately, it happens just about every time Berken pitches. I wish we had somebody, anybody, else that we could promote. Bergesen injury was unfortunate all the way around. For him, for the team, and most importantly, for me. ;)

Not saying your wrong but you have to stick with these kids. He is battling tonight.

Yeah, I really don't think Berken is as bad as he has looked.

His stuff really isn't all that bad, but he's probably gonna be a bullpen guy next year. Either that or AAA depth.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess. There's very little I like about Berken, and unfortunately, I have a hard time hiding it. He's Ponson (not size but performance) without the upside.

Yeah, I really don't think Berken is as bad as he has looked.

His stuff really isn't all that bad, but he's probably gonna be a bullpen guy next year. Either that or AAA depth.

I agree, I think he'll be a nice addition to the bullpen and spot starter. However, if we weren't loaded up with guys like Bergesen, Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta, Hernandez, etc., Berken would be someone I could have some optimism for in the rotation. He has good pitches, decent velocity, good form, good balance, decent control. He's the anti-Daniel Cabrera. He's taking his lumps in his rookie season, but that's the norm.

Archived